MTNL Triband Broadband: Enable to get Internet on Linux

• Thread starter Thread starter joey534
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,029

joey534

ISP
Triband
I'm a Triband user. I'm unable to use the net on linux[SUSE].I refered to some posts in this forum. It was mentioned to choose the Bridge type in WAN . I did so and as a result my net for windows got disrupted & neither did i got net on linux.After reverting to original configurations and lot of attempts net on windows got available.But, still no net on linux.Could anyone, pl. tell me how to get the net in linux[OpenSUSE] under my current config.My Config details:Connection Type PPPoE LLC Authentication PAPObtain DNS Automatically EnabledDefault Route: EnabledNAT EnabledIGMP: Disabled DHCP Server Router Details : T-KD 318-EUIThe 'Ethernet' led on the router doesn't glow at all while on SUSE.Rest of the leds[power,status,ADSL] work properly as expected.

Enable?Anyway, using bridge mode on Linux can be a big headache. I would suggest you use PPPoE mode on Linux. If you are still persistent, then search the forum for 'bridge mode setup +linux' and you would surely get some help.

Are you using USB to connect or lan ? In linux u have pppoeconf that will run wizard and setup everything for you . then you can login with pon, logout with poff and see status using plog . I am using ubuntu and they have it by default , in other distros u might have to install these packages .

yep do sudo pppoeconf in any consoleWhich distro u are using?

yep do
sudo pppoeconf in any console

Which distro u are using?

I'm using SUSE.

It[pppoeconf] doesn't seem to be a command in SUSE.I tried it in console, but the command doesn't exist!!I checked the Configuration Settings; and found something related to adsl.But, it did not work out well.The 'Ethernet' led on the router doesn't glow at all while on SUSE.Rest of the leds[power,status,ADSL] work properly as expected.Is there anyone, who knows how to get the net[pppoe] working in OpenSUSE??

i agree with Apoorv.... use pppoe in linux....

I'm using pppoe as my connection type of my router.
But, 'How to get the net working on OpenSUSE Linux?' is the question!!

If anyone is aware of the procedure please post!!

if u're modem/router is connected via lan, open a web browser and try to ping your router address... linux usually automatically recognizes lan....(atleast with ubuntu)

Back