Mutual Funds

ever in a position to make more than 5% profits
:ohmy:
You are already turning me away from Mutual Fund to FD...
I also read PPF in your post. Which banks offer PPF? I guess SBI offers PPF, any other?

If you have dealt with stocks, SIP I would say is similar to averaging.
Basically you invest say 1000 Rs. every month on a fix day. The price varies based on stock market fluctuations and by averaging, you may not be the biggest gainer, but you will not be heavily in loss as well, because you would have bought some units while market was down as well. So whenever market is steady, you would be at an even and in a position to sort of break even.

SVK said:
:ohmy:
You are already turning me away from Mutual Fund to FD...
I also read PPF in your post. Which banks offer PPF? I guess SBI offers PPF, any other?
Even ICICI Bank is allowed to offer PPF these days :D
All government banks already offer PPF.
If you want safe... Open an account in Yes Bank or any other bank that is offering high interest. Use it for savings account. I think Yes offers 6-7% compared to 4% for most banks.
Invest extra money in FD which gives you 9+% interest :P
Invest up to 1 lakh rupees per year in PPF. :P
Risk free low return investment.

I was maybe not bothered or conscious, but now Google is beginning to freak me out. I am getting the same feeling that one gets when the manager is standing behind and watching what you are doing at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XURPfyDXoRg&feature=youtu.be

Ok so I have few questions on same thing.

Questions:
What is DMAT account? What are charges of account opening?
Is DMAT account necessary to invest in MF?
Are you charged for Investing or withdrawing transactions?

I do not want any agent in between because agents see their own benefit.
So I want to invest direct - how do it in most easy way?
Which online site allows you to do DIRECT transactions?

Notes:
Please share whatever information you have.
I am not asking for investment ideas.
I am just asking about process to start investing - seamlessly.

My idea is take efforts to open online DMAT account and do online transactions by doing self-study

You do not need demat for mutual funds.

For direct, you will have invest with individual mutual fund providers.

You are avoiding agent because you don't to deal with their suggestions or don't want to pay commission? If its just that you want to avoid them calling you for stuff then there are some 3rd party companies that let you do everything online and you can do with any interference , if at all they call you can politely say you will manage on your own.
There is another option in fund managers (KRA) like cams or karvy. They provide option of buying multiple funds from their site through affiliation with other mitual houses. I suspect they may have option to invest direct , but haven't tried, so not sure

Last edited:
Well both applies. If I dont want their suggestions - why would I want to pay them commission?! :)

If you have DMAT account. Can you suggest DP?

Do DP charge you for transactions?

I was looking at AXIS BANK DMAT charges. I got totally confused by their charges!

Back