• Thread starter Thread starter sachins
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,239

sachins

The Bastard Son
ISP
Cablenet
So, i finally received my first bill after my broadband connection.

Questions:
1) My startup plan is 250 so why am i billed 341.67?
2) What is that date beside in front of SALE TYP-1 MDM saying 20-03-2010 30-04-2010?

@essbebe
My modem is type-1 like it says above. I was charged 1200 instead of 1000. Is writing a letter a viable option or is it a waste of time?

billed correctly except for modem cost. Broadband wef from march 20th ( 12 days)and April advance BB rent Rs 250/= You submit a letter to A.O to adjust modem cost excess charged Rs 200/= and Tax 10% as credit in April bill. You will have to pay Rs 250/PM as BB charges from now on Including April 2009 The guarantee period for modem mentioned is for free replacement. I year. period.

Thanks essbebe
I was reading the bsnl dataone tariff page and now im sure about all the cost details.

1) No advance rent for Startup 250
2) Installation charges for the modem is 250

So now we can break the cost

250(modem installation charges)
+91.67(rent for 11-12 days as per pro rata basis)
======
Rs. 341.67
======

Security Deposit for all Broadband plans will be equivalent to One Month Fixed Charges (but Max. Rs 5000/-) except rural, Home125, Home250 and Startup Plan 250.

Missed this point. Thanks. My connection more than 2 years old !

Installation charges BB for modem waived I think .
some old circular. will update.
Update: 0630PM not seen.

I had applied for a plan change in mid april through the exchange counter and got a dot matrix print out which said that my plan would change from 30th of april. I got up at 3 in the morning on 1st may and download 10mb of data and switched of the computer. Next morning i got up and tried to check my usage details on data.bsnl.in but the servers were down for billing issues. On the 3rd of april, the usage showed that i will be getting billed for the 10mb i had downloaded. I called the customer care and they told me that they didn't have the power to track my orders and advised me to call the local bsnl guys to get best details possible. I called those guys and they said the plan change will be done by tomorrow i.e., 5th may 2009.

Below are some screen shots which might be helpful for some users. You can track my whole broadband history in this thread.

Taken on 4th may : 12.00pm noon : bbservice.bsnl.in > My orders

Taken on 4th may : 12.49pm noon : bbservice.bsnl.in > My orders

Taken on 4th may : 01.00pm noon : data.bsnl.in > My orders

Notice the "service effective date". Means the new plan billing will be effective from tomorrow i.e., 5th may. Doesn't matter if it gets provisioned today i.e, 4th may.

My billing should be according to pro-rata basis.
===========================
From 1st May to 4th May

Allowed usage for 4 days:
Per day - 1024/31=33.03mb
For 4 days - 4*33.03=132mb

If i go above 132mb then the excess will be charged
From 5th May to 31st May

Allowed usage for 26 days:
Per day - 1536/31=49.54mb
FOr 26 days - 26*49.54=1288mb

If i go above 1288mb then the excess will be charged
so technically, i'm getting 1453mb of allowed usage for the month of may. That's more than fair.

And finally, here it is...

I downloaded around 150mb in the morning before 8:00am and im yet to get the usage details for that. I'll post a screen shot later.

Ok so, this is my final screen shot.

I assumed the "effective date" in the "my orders" section was the definite date of plan change and i was right. check picture.

Back