My Vodafone app does not let you access the app unless you approve m-pesa account creation

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,492
4S48YgO.png

i would be moving to idea as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vodafone would not sell itself. Its big global organisation and India is profitable market for them. They would rather purchase Idea (or Tata).

I did/do not see any such popup on My Vodafone app? Does it check install or something? On a side note - Vodafone Sim is not in this device now.

App was updated. But, apparently the app was running, so I forced stopped it & then restarted it. The message still did not come.

more shit... i went ahead and approved. it created a second m-pesa account for me as this number is used by my dad.
if that was not bad enough... the app has nothing to offer wrt m-pesa. i cannot seem to add money to it. or use it to make payments.
from the looks of it, vodafone is just increasing the number of accounts. as people would just approve the process and not use it because there is nothing to use as of now.

The thing with Vodafone is that outrage almost has no effect on them. They will call up, say that we will look in to it and then vanish in thin air.

I checked. Couldnt proceed unless I clicked "I Agree". So now I also have (empty) m-pesa account!

someone mentioned on twitter that m-pesa charge Rs. 50 as inactive account fees if you don't use it :(

Back