National Geographic Channel Network enters HD era in India, announces four channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Gautam06
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 9,473
I am sure by the time the channels are launched then we will be provided new STB's with HDMI (albeit at a cost!)

TO make it simple "If you do not have HIGH DEFINITION TV sets in your home, NO matter what you do, you'll never be able to experience what Hi Def is. Even If you have 50'' plasma TV which is not HDTV."

HD STB's are bit costlier & I don't think they will provide HD STB's to all, but may provide it on some high end package which may have HD channels. NGC, Discovery have HD content and is telecasted in many countries now. And even many English GEC channels like NBC, BBC, SKY have HD content. Then NEWX (INX Group) are generating HD content and finally STAR PLUS has taken initiative by announcing that its mega serial MAHABHARTA will be produced in HD :thumbsup:.
Even DISH TV planning for HD launch (Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Dish TV to launch HD technology platform by year-end)
I think our DTH providers may provide seperate HD STB in different pack like SKY (Sky HD - High Definition TV (HDTV) in the UK from Sky)
Now we should only hope that 'HD' TV's are readily available in affordable price in India

reliance means miserable customer experience. any reliance mobile user would tell you that.

reliance means miserable customer experience. any reliance mobile user would tell you that.

ya u r right admin..i am a reliance customer for more than a year..for past 4 days i cant able to receive incoming messages..when i contacted CC they told me that every thing is ok on the part of reliance..but still i couldnt receive any incoming messages from other GSM service providers..They know how to loot customers money..I am going to change the service provider very soon..

i expect something similar from reliance dth... people do have high hopes from reliance everytime they launch a service. we all know how good they are at providing broadband services and how good they are at providing mobile services. dth is going to be no different.

I am 100% sure that SMS problems or call connecting problems won't come in Big Dth :D

but we all know that dth problems are rather bad and affect more people than just a single person!

Yes it affects more people for sure. If the same yardstick is followed then we all know about TataIndicom. They too are like that only. Lets see who is better.

Back