Need a WiFi router with good range

ISP
docomo
I have never used a router before. So will need some advice from you guys. I need a wifi router with a good range. My house is 1000 sq ft. So if the range could be around 1000 sq feet, it would be very good. So please help me out you guys, suggest me some good routers. Thanks in advance.

Please specify your budget and ISP as whether you need a modem+router combo or a simple router only. Suggestions will vary accordingly.

I am currently using Docomo dongle. But planning to get wired connection either bsnl or reliance thunder. A WiFi router under 2000 rs would be alright. They'll provide (bsnl or reliance) the modem right?? So just a Wifi router is needed.

Reliance would provide their own modem. With BSNL I suggest buying your own.

I cannot say for others but modems provided by BSNL are horrible. Airtel too to some extent. Considering they have no reasons to give you higher quality hardware. Reliance is complicated I guess. The modem is preconfigured to fetch settings from Reliance servers and it is included in the installation cost so I am using their provided modem right now.
As for a low cost modem... Get the TP-Link unit. It works fine with BSNL. Should work fine with Airtel as well.
TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Wired with Modem Router - I bought a... - India Broadband Forum
Router of course has a lot of options to pick from. Now you have to tell if you still want to go for a Rs. 2000 router or Rs. 1200 router (after cutting cost of the modem)!

I want a wireless router though. If I choose a fiber cable internet from my lco, it will still work na? I'm completely illiterate in this. ADSL and all I don't understand anything.

Back