Need Dynamic IP

• Thread starter Thread starter abtom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,105
A

abtom

ok guyz,currently i am using the 749 NU plan and am getting a static ip.i want to change to dynamic ip.called up 1504,they said mail to helpdesk.will my ip be changed?also suggest any other ways to change to dynamic ip.

how do u check whether your ip is static or dynamic? and yes mail helpdesk.. thats what i did..

The plan details should mention that. Or else you can try one of these steps.

1. If your router is using DHCP, ip is dynamic. If the router has a fixed public ip address, ip is static.
2. Go to IP Chicken - What is my IP? Find Your IP Address! and note down your ip. Then switch off the router for about five minutes, and connect again. Go back to the site and check the ip. If they are different, ip is dynamic.

Best thing would be to call up cc and ask.

hi dudei am also having the same plan(849 nu) and i am having dynamic ip address.only thing i am based in mumbai.how come u have a static ip.

hi dude
i am also having the same plan(849 nu) and i am having dynamic ip address.
only thing i am based in mumbai.
how come u have a static ip.

lol,we are talking abt changing from static to dynamic ip and u r going the othe way.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
BTW,u can buy a static ip from ur exchange on any plan.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

^^^U got it wrong.................He is saying that he is on same plan and has a Dynamic IP and asking how come u have a Static IP on the same plan??He is informing you and not asking how to change from Dynamic to Static...........Read him again!

@abtomTried any of those "Hide your IP" Anonymiser type programs floating on out there on the web?Since we have to pay a thousand bucks a year to get static IP in Mumbai,You may wanna use the static advantage at some time or another.As far as Needing the dynamic IP is concerned,May be those kinda programs will help you

As far as I know, there are only two reliable ways in which you can hide your ip.1. Use paid services like anonymizer.2. Use Tor (there have been several questions raised on its safety in recent months, though).Anything else might be downright dangerous. So, if you have a static ip, be careful with your browsing. And if you are on a dynamic ip, do whatever you want (within reason).

@ gregory houseif use the above software your surfing speed will reduce drastically.@ abtomread my post again ; u got me wrong.but why did u buy static ip ??

Back