Need help in connecting TP Link Deco x20 Mesh Router via PPPoE to Airtel Xstream Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter abswain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,555
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
I have a TP-Link Deco x20 Mesh Router which I wanted to connect to internet directly via PPPoE using Airtel's Nokia G2425G-A ONT.
I had raised a request with Airtel, and they confirmed that they have enabled Bridge Mode on LAN 1 on the ONT.

Following that I configured the Deco IPv4 PPPoE using username ([email protected] - this is the DSL ID and password which is the account number). However, the Deco router does not get an IP. I tried even setting the VLAN ID = 100 but no luck.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or missing? Need help.

Solution
@abswain tell me one thing, did you change your broadband connection from prepaid to postpaid or vice-versa?

Because when you do this, your account number(PPPoE password) changes and the account number shown in airtel thanks app does not work anymore, use previous bills to extract PPPoE password.
Try connecting via Dynamic IP and check for firmware updates. Update to the latest firmware and try again. Also don't share your DSL ID on a public forum.

Upvote 0
Thank you Rajat. Dynamic IP works fine, however I wanted to connect via PPPoE to make most performance of the Deco router.
Firmware is also up to date.
The DSL ID is shared is a mimicked one, not the real one.

Upvote 0
If you are connected wire to first port try last port instead? Maybe you have the port position mixed up?

Upvote 0
@Sayantan - Tried on both Lan Port 1 and Lan Port 4. Does not work.
Airtel backend team confirmed LAN Port 1 is configured for BRIDGE mode.

I have tried with another router just now and router logs shows as "ppp2 Failed to authenticate ourselves to peer" error.

Upvote 0
@abswain tell me one thing, did you change your broadband connection from prepaid to postpaid or vice-versa?

Because when you do this, your account number(PPPoE password) changes and the account number shown in airtel thanks app does not work anymore, use previous bills to extract PPPoE password.

Upvote 1
Solution

Back