Need help with Alphion 100c ont configuration

• Thread starter Thread starter drswapnil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,696
ISP
bsnl ftth
Hi
I am a doctor and we have wifi networking set in my hospital. Recently we upgraded to BSNL FTTH where the problem started.

I was using bsnl adsl previously and had a TP-Link adsl modem connected to that. One of my medical machine works with our wifi printer only if the printer is given a static IP. I had used the configuration in the TP Link to provide a static IP to the printer which was recognised by my machine and all was fine.

Now the Alphion GPON ONT has a very basic ADMIN setting. There is no option to tie a MAC address to a static IP (As was possible in TP Link).
I even tried disabling the Alphion DHCP and using the TPLink DHCP ... but that does not work.

Is there any way to upgrade the firmware of the Aplhion 100c to incorporate the functionality? BSNL people say that they dont have a solution. Also I am ready to purchase another equipment but they say that nothing else will work.

I must have that functionality as its a critica l equipment. Pls pls help.

Thanks in advance .

Pls do bear in mind that i am primarily a doctor, and though i understand a bit of computers...i am in no way good at networking. :)

These ONT are very basic and should be allowed to do just the basic job of converting fiber to ethernet, rest all can be done on a good quality router connected to it. I will suggest you to get a router like TP-Link c6/a6 and use that as your primary router after connecting it to your ont, with this you will get options to assign or bind static ip, better wifi coverage, reliability and speeds.

I took new bsnl ftth connection and I am trying to connect it to internet using user id and password but the problem is it is not connecting and i am not able to check status of anything. All I am able to see is just pppoe disconnected.

1672288717735.jpg

1672288717727.jpg

Back