• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,530
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuri999

Regular
ISP
Airtel BB 1699
Hi guysBefore I apply for a new reliance BB connection here in Delhi, I wanted to know a few things which weren't answered on the website.Firstly I heard that I can't use wifi on this? Is this true? That means I can't use my laptop with the reliance connection? Second is it true that this is not an always on 24-7 connection and is similar to that olden crappy dial up system?Third, how is the service in delhi? I am wanting to apply for the Night Booster Zoom 1 plan.Thanks

You can use an WiFi router with reliance wired broadband connection, who told you it cannot be done, just connect the Wifi router, the login page will appear once every 24 hours you just need to login from one computer your other will not get the login page once you are logged on. I have a iPad and a macbook air which can be connected only via Wifi and I am using the connection now for around 3 months no problems whatsoever also I connect my gaming console PS3 via WiFi and my cell phone no issues, its just that every 24 hours or so you are logged out and then you need to access your computer to logon with your userid and password on the reliance login page.Regarding speeds I havent faced any issues till now I am getting the promised speeds all the time (slightly more than opted for) I am on the 1 Mbps plan and get around 1.2 Mbps.

You can use an WiFi router with reliance wired broadband connection, who told you it cannot be done, just connect the Wifi router, the login page will appear once every 24 hours you just need to login from one computer your other will not get the login page once you are logged on.

I have a iPad and a macbook air which can be connected only via Wifi and I am using the connection now for around 3 months no problems whatsoever also I connect my gaming console PS3 via WiFi and my cell phone no issues, its just that every 24 hours or so you are logged out and then you need to access your computer to logon with your userid and password on the reliance login page.

Regarding speeds I havent faced any issues till now I am getting the promised speeds all the time (slightly more than opted for) I am on the 1 Mbps plan and get around 1.2 Mbps.

In Reliance Do we Get blocked from logging in, If we use the same connection to both Desktop and to laptop??

@ranjit: Niiice.. even I have a PS3 and ipad ! Btw, I have an old router from MTNL which I paid for. Can I use that with the connection? How did you connect the router ? If you have any link that would be great... thanks.

Hey Yuri..... if its a normal router that accepts has a WAN port for ethernet you can use it with reliance broadband connection, the connections is like you do normally for a Wifi router, the ethernet jack from your ADSL or the metro ethernet goes to the WAN port of your router and you can then use the ethernet jack from your router to connection your wired PC's and use Wifi your wireless devices like laptops or iPads.

Do note that you should not login directly via connecting the ethernet cable that comes from reliance you log only via the connection that is routed by your router and then it would work perfectly, it is also advisable to add one of the reliance DNS server in your routers DNS settings, I use the first DNS server of reliance and the second as google DNS and it works great.

I have done a video of reliance broadband setup and performance its at - Reliance Broadband Review (Wired Connection)[/URL]

If you guys need more help let me know I can also do a detailed video regarding the Wifi setup with reliance wired broadband so that it could be helpful for all of you.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

In Reliance Do we Get blocked from logging in, If we use the same connection to both Desktop and to laptop??

No Vikky you can use n number of devices as I have been using but you have to make sure all these connection are behind your router so need to setup the Wifi router correctly when you first get the connection do not try to connect it directly from ur PC just connect it via your router, sadly the tech ppl who come to install the connection are not that tech savvy and say it wont work but it just works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome review and great website! I bookmarked it! :DIt would be really nice if you could do a detailed video regarding the Wifi setup with reliance wired BB especially since I'm not that well versed with networking stuff too much :(The MTNL modem has a DSL port, 4 ethernet ports and one USB port. It's like a normal wifi router modem.Thanks :)

Awesome review and great website! I bookmarked it! :D

It would be really nice if you could do a detailed video regarding the Wifi setup with reliance wired BB especially since I'm not that well versed with networking stuff too much :(

The MTNL modem has a DSL port, 4 ethernet ports and one USB port. It's like a normal wifi router modem.

Thanks Yuri for your comments I really appreciate it.

Apart from the 4 ethernet ports there should be one more port can a ethernet wire go into that port or is it for a phone line port (small one) if its a small one they your are out of luck....... as it is a ASDSL WiFi router not a regular one.

I will do the video setup guide with Wifi router for reliance broadband and post it to youtube but it will take about 3-4 days as I am a bit busy.

Yeah it was a ADSL WiFi router unfortunately. Anyways, any luck with uploading the video :)

Sorry Yuri got a bit busy so did not do the Wifi router video with reliance yet, will try to do it in a the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back