Need some help! New to Linux!

• Thread starter Thread starter flashmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,466

flashmonkey

ISP
dataone
Hi Guys! I've just installed openSUSE 10.3 on my desktop and i can't figure out how to configure my dataone connection. In Ubuntu, i did it using the sudo pppoeconf command in the terminal but the same thing does not work in openSUSE 10.3. btw i've got the kde version. I also need some drivers for my soundcard (realtek hd audio) and my webcam/mic. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

post in linux forum also.

you might need to search google for your motherboard model with linux and also your webcam... im surprised the latest distro does not work with your realtek card...

you might need the snd-hda-intel model=3stack option

search suseforums.net and opensuse.us forums

also see AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

If your DataOne modem is configured in router/gateway mode (I think this is the default way in which they set it up), you just have to set the modem's LAN IP as your default gateway. My model also supports DNS forward, ie point to the same LAN IP as your DNS. (But generally BSNL DNS servers are flaky so better to have a caching DNS on your box.) hth.

#sudo alsaconfelse # su -c '/usr/sbin/alsaconf'password:then check if your user ID is in audio group$ id $LOGIN | grep -i audioif there nice else$ su -c 'usermod -a -G audio login'then $ alsamixer&press f5 and navigate M/m mutes and Q/q navigates the left and right channels. use the arrow keys to increase/decrease the volumegood luck! and press and pray "PNP" while you lspci -vv -n | grep -i audio and paste the output here!p.s. chicony supports almost all webcams. either use lsusb -v or usbview i am not sure about suse, its been ages since i last used suse 6, 2002-2003 IIRC!

Back