Need your Help on SmartAX MT 841 Modem (Unable to Use)- Urgent Please...

• Thread starter Thread starter selvapsg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,423

selvapsg

ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I am a user of Huawei SmartAX MT 841 Broadband Modem. I am using this modem for past 3 years for BSNL Broadband purpose.

Today I tried to access modem configuration using telnet to 192.168.1.1

In the Console, typed
-> con en

to enter into Quantum prompt

In the Quantum> prompt entered into tftp to transfer these files to my PC.
File system: isfs
initppp
initreflect
initdnsrelay
im.conf
initdnsclient
version
dhcpd.leases
dhclient.leases
dhcpd.conf
dhclient.conf

Modified the im.conf and tried to upload to the modem. But received error. So deleted the im.conf file in the modem and tried again.
But could not succeed. So restored the modem configuration file using http://192.168.1.1

After doing so, tried to reboot the modem. THERE STARTED THE TROUBLE.

The modem doesn't came up. Also I could not access 192.168.1.1 neither by Web nor by telnet.

Now the modem just gets On with Power LED (ON) and the LAN PORT LEDs (ON)[Only the LAN port which is connected (quit naturally)]. Rest of the LEDs doesn't come up.

I badly need to restore the Modem.

Please help me...

Please help me...

Please help me...

URGENT

Thanks and Regards,
Selva

User selvapsgYou can reset the modem by putting a small needle in the hole in the back (near power button). It is between the first ethernet port and power button, marked "Reset". Remeber, then you can set up the connection again by providing details like username, password etc. Just like when you got the modem first time...

Dear Sankalpit,

Thanks for your help.

But the RESET don't work out

I tried to do HARD RESET, But it doesn't respond.

it is just with power led ON and LAN Port ON. When am doing RESET, it is just idle as if nothing is happed to it. I mean it is not getting reset.

Any other help Please...

User selvapsg

You can reset the modem by putting a small needle in the hole in the back (near power button). It is between the first ethernet port and power button, marked "Reset".

Remeber, then you can set up the connection again by providing details like username, password etc. Just like when you got the modem first time...

in TCP/IP TYPE 192.168.1.10 255.255.255.0192.168.1.1DNS Obtain automatically. SAVE210.212.160.18/broadband-conf/type4.htm

User selvapsg

Have you read the manual and are reseting it in the correct manner? Otherwise the ADSL modem won't reset.

Let me quote for MT841 (since I have this same model....)

Reset
The MT841 may be reset to the original factory default settings by depressing the reset button for a few seconds while the device is powered on.

Switch the modem on and let it boot or stabalize, and then hold the pin in for upto 5 seconds. Do a couple times if not sure. I have managed to hang the modem in past and reset always has worked for me. :(

Also, in Firefox or your browser, when you try to open 192.1681.1.1 what exact message does the browser show?

Dear superprash2003, I could not ping 192.168.1.1The ping response is "Request Timed Out".Dear sankalpit, I could not able to reset the Modem. I have followed the same procedure you have mentioned, But it doesn't RESET.Following are the observation I have made about MT 841 (that I had).1. When power on, It checks all 4 LAN port and settles the LED for the LAN port which is connected. In addition to that, Only the power LED is ON. Rest of all LED is off.2. When I reset the modem, It does nothing, As if nothing is done to the modem. I mean, the state is same for Normal, During Reset and After Reset. As such no response to RESET action in the modem.3. Since I have deleted the im.conf file when it was working earlier, I think the RESET is not working for these reason. It is just my thinking. May not be truePlease give some suggestion on what else can be done.Regards,Selva

Dear sankalpit,Is there any other way to access the Modem, apart from accessing via. Ethernet?Becoz if it is accessible, we can reset the modem data and set back to normal state, so that I can boot and can be accessible by IP: 192.168.1.1Regards,Selva

Back