Negative Balance showing in Account after Disconnection - BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivam15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 10,936
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Dear All,

I recently got my BSNL Telephone and Broadband services disconnected. I took this connection back in 2009. I got it disconnected in April 2020. Bill for April came in May of around Rs600/-.

I didnt pay it yet.. Now its June and its showing Outstanding amount in negative i.e. -3042. Please check the screenshot.
bsnl.webp

Anyone know what does it mean??

Thanks.

Perhaps they adjusted the existing security deposit. But curious as to why you might have so much amount as security deposit. 🤔

Or were you in some annual plan and had prepaid for a longer duration? Anyway it would be best if you ask BSNL itself. 😅

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^^ No annual plan.. But maybe as far as I remember at that time BSNL used to take 2 month security deposit maybe?? I had Rs.750 plan that time so maybe I gave Rs.1500.. but not sure and then Rs.500 for Telephone security..

Not sure why 3000.

Upvote 0
I disconnected my old landline connection in last week of last month and got fibro 600 plan. paid remaining dues of old connection, Now its showing negative amount of -2399. what does it mean?
qq.jpg

now for fiber, got bill of 1105 and I paid that for security deposit and few days of usage for june month. That account is also showing -64 outstanding amount.
ss.png

edit - I think its -0.64

Upvote 0
i think they show losses to government so as to get relief funds ,,, already their recruitment is stopped past few years and so is their services .

Upvote 0
I disconnected my old landline connection in last week of last month and got fibro 600 plan. paid remaining dues of old connection, Now its showing negative amount of -2399. what does it mean?
View attachment 2982

now for fiber, got bill of 1105 and I paid that for security deposit and few days of usage for june month. That account is also showing -64 outstanding amount.
View attachment 2983

edit - I think its -0.64

One guy at Exchange told me that I will get the amount showing in negative... although not sure about that...

Upvote 0
for old connection i got this bill in first week of july which i paid quickly -
ss.jpg

ss1.jpg

then again out of blue yesterday i got bill for zero amount. this time there is no mention of old telephone number anywhere but only account number

gg.jpg

ggh.jpg

Upvote 0
@Bokya your previous bill indicate a "Deposit" of 2399 and the current charge as 1128.06 but amount payable as 1129. Now, 1129 (+) 2399 (-) 1128.06 is exactly equal to 2399.94.
So take the latest bill to the exchange and ask for a refund cheque. In your earlier bill, they have also charged you 200 for non-receipt of landline instrument. Did they ask for its return or simply charged it without your consent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back