Never Go For Tata Sky!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sinhaparakh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,282
Thanks Beekeys for supporting me. Others, please watch while some music programs like Saregamapa, Amul Jo jeeta wahi superstar or Indian Idol in high volume reducing the low frequencies (Bass Frequency) and increasing the high frequencies (Treble) of your TV.

Done that, no issue at all ;)Anyone here on the Thomson STB and facing the sound issue ? If so, I'll test a little more rigorously.

I am also using a very old Thomson STB and the sound is perfectly normal at any range. Never had any hardware issue at all. Thats why i am still with TS even though their Tamil channel count is very less. I am using TS for 5 yrs now.

It is 'definately' a problem with the mini dish.Try the following:1. Make sure there is absolutely no obstacle between the main side of the dish and the sky.2. Hold the dish with both hands and move slightly to see if it is firmly installed with proper tools, also check the components on the dish are fimly screwed and all the cables are tight, if not then this is where the prob is.3. Remove any metal or wood materials from about 5 feet around the dish.(if possible)4. Make sure the cable that runs from the dish to the reciever is not sharply bent from anywhere, if it is bending, the curve should be round and not sharp or blunt. If it was ever previously bent, then replace the cable.5. If nothing works then the problem is with the reciever on the dish, that is the gun like thing on the front of the mini dish, tell Tata Sky to replace it or maybe do it yourself if you can.Installing the minidish is the main and most crucial part of the installation, which most installers neglect. A simple re allignment of the dish can even improve signal reception and picture/sound quality a lot.

Dear Golu14,I have already tried these methods several times and even the technicians from Tata Sky have tried these remedies but none of these have turned into a solution for the above problem. In fact, the people at TS have accepted that there is a glitch in their transmission and they are trying to rectify this problem. According to them, there is some problem with the software that is used for up-linking & down-linking purpose which is developed by some Russian company. They told me that they are trying to figure out this thing with the software developers and also promised me to rectify this problem within 1-2 months but 6-7 months have passed now and nothing has been done yet. They still say that they need some more time.

Tata Sky [sd] picture quality ain't no good , it distorts at my sister's place in Jhajjar , hariyna . sound goes off 2-3 times in 3 mins interval .

Dear arnab21,I fully agree with you in this matter. Really the picture quality of TS (SD) is not so good. However it can be somehow accepted. But the sound problem is really very irritating if you are a music lover like me.Anyways, thanks for the comment!!:)

Back