• Thread starter Thread starter rsatbf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,047

rsatbf

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I applied for a 4Mbps plan from Airtel but got 2Mbps due to congestion. They claim will get me the 4Mbps in about a months time, but have to call and follow up. However, the 2Mbps is pretty good. Not noticed lag in youtube on WD TV Live or PS3. Checked one or two HD videos too.
Here are the plans for reference - good deal I imagine.

Are you in Chennai?

Yes... got this in Anna Nagar (home) and Ambattur (office) but a colleague, near office, was unable to get it for his residence in Mogappair.

Thanks. I wanted to downgrade my speed. Airtel didnt include these plans in their list. However, when i asked them they switched me to this.

Any idea on the higher end plans? These plans are great.
The current advertised plans are 9GB for 2mbps at 1099. I think they are revising plans depending on where ACT is adding coverage.

These were the only plans offered to me. When I asked for higher download limit, I was shown the usual website based plans. In my area, I dont get 4Mbps and have settled for 2Mbps... so far I am doing okay... internet radio and video seem to work on 2mbps with no buffering. I downgraded from 8mbps BSNL line due to the cost and hope to get 4Mbps from Airtel in a couple of weeks time...
ACT is not adding coverage to Anna Nagar, last I checked...

Around a month back, ACT called me and said they have begun work in Anna Nagar. These plans are priced good. But, 40GB isn't enough for me.
But, it'd be a good backup plan if I go for ACT or Reliance in the future. But after reading the nighmarish experiences of ACT and Reliance subscribers, I might just stick with Airtel.

rsatbf said:
Yes... got this in Anna Nagar (home) and Ambattur (office) but a colleague, near office, was unable to get it for his residence in Mogappair.
Was your colleague unable to get Airtel connection itself or was he unable to get just the plans?
If its the latter that means they started different plans for different areas within the same city.

rsatbf said:
Thats great, which area are you in? and how did you ask them? did you email or call in?
Velachery. They gave me about a dozen plans 4 Mbps and above. It didn't match what they had in their website. And the ones you posted weren't there in their list. I wrote to them enquiring if the plan is available and if yes switch me. And it happened.

Edited: to add, I had a 16mbps 50 gig plan at 2399. Now I have ACT 25Mbps 75 GB for 1299 and a backup airtel line 8mbps 40 GB for 1199.

So I now have a high speed but less reliable ACT line along with a more reliable airtel backup for around the same cost.

Back