New Airtel Plans - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter rsatbf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,047
shr said:
Velachery. They gave me about a dozen plans 4 Mbps and above. It didn't match what they had in their website. And the ones you posted weren't there in their list. I wrote to them enquiring if the plan is available and if yes switch me. And it happened.

Edited: to add, I had a 16mbps 50 gig plan at 2399. Now I have ACT 25Mbps 75 GB for 1299 and a backup airtel line 8mbps 40 GB for 1199.

So I now have a high speed but less reliable ACT line along with a more reliable airtel backup for around the same cost.
Thats cool, sadly I dont get even 4Mbps... was waiting for ACT in Anna Nagar.

Fiber_Optic said:
Was your colleague unable to get Airtel connection itself or was he unable to get just the plans?
If its the latter that means they started different plans for different areas within the same city.
He has a more expensive airtel plan already. Had the same expensive one n office which I was able to switch to these newer plans but they refused him...

shr said:
Velachery. They gave me about a dozen plans 4 Mbps and above. It didn't match what they had in their website. And the ones you posted weren't there in their list. I wrote to them enquiring if the plan is available and if yes switch me. And it happened.
Assuming, you inquired via e-mail, can you post the different plans they offered in the first place?

Yes these are the usual plans. I think they are preempting ACT's move to certain areas and offering better plans there to retain customers.

It's really impossible if they have hidden plans like what the OP was offered. I wonder what other secret plans are available.
The usual plan charges Rs. 1299 for 15 GB and the OP pays Rs. 1099 for 40 GB.
Also, some plans above are meaningless. For example, Turbo Plus gives 15GB + 1000 local mins for Rs. 1299 while Ultra Turbo Plus gives only 15GB and no free voice mins for Rs. 1499. Even 20 GB + 1000 local mins are priced at Rs. 1449.

Here are other examples of ridiculous pricing.
80GB = Rs. 2099
You pay only Rs. 150 more for 45GB extra.
125GB = Rs. 2249
You pay Rs. 400 more for 50GB extra.
175GB = Rs. 2649
80GB = Rs. 2099
You pay only Rs. 550 more for 95GB extra.
175GB = Rs. 2649
You pay Rs. 750 more for just 75GB extra.
250GB = Rs. 3399
Even a secondary school student will come up with better pricing. Some one should be told that the higher you go, the lesser should be the differential price per GB.

These are purposely planned this way to incentivise the person to pay a bit more and take something that he probably does not need. Do not think about guys in this forum...we are a minority...

balajik said:
Cool. Those are the usual plans privy to everyone.
Their website is not updated with their latest plans most of the time. Shame that an ISP is having an useless website. I normally ask them via email. Now i have learnt to look for local franchise who circulate printed sheets with latest plans.

Back