• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 16,166

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I just spoke with airtel customer support. There is a new 8 Mbps plan visible in tariff details for Delhi. It has 4GB download for Rs. 1299 There are no free voice calls. I was told this new plan is for new customers only and right now they are not allowing any existing customer to upgrade to this plan. I currently have 2 Mbps combo plan in my office that comes with 8GB download limit, static IP and 50 free calls.I was told they are launching 4 other new plans in Delhi on monday (19-November-2007) that too will be available to new customers only. These new plans are:Rs. 555 for 512 Kbps speed, 150 calls, 2GB download limitRs. 666 for 1 Mbps, 150 calls, 2 GBRs. 777 for 2 Mbps, 200 calls, 4gbRs. 999 for 2 mbps, 200 calls, 4gbThe only 8 Mbps plan will be for Rs. 1299 and will offer 4GB download without any free calls included in the plan.There will be no change in pricing of 128 Kbps, 256 Kbps and 512 Kbps unlimited connections. Once again these new plans are for new customers only. Existing customers can't move to these plans, at least for now. :(For the fans of combo plans prices have gone down by about 40-50% in new plans. For example 2 Mbps combo plan with 2GB limit and 100 free calls comes for Rs. 700 right now. Price for this plan has gone up by Rs. 77 (11%) only but both download limit and free calls have doubled in Rs. 777 plan.

The 8 Mbps plan is old news (and not very noteworthy news either). The rest is even worse.(i.e. assuming this news is true)

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." — Bill Gates, 1981."2GB ought to be enough for anybody." — Airtel, 2007.

their website lists two 999 plans, both are same but one has 60 sec pulse for std and the other has 30 second pulse, and some change in isd charges also.

Back