• Thread starter Thread starter amul_mitm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,676

amul_mitm

ISP
BSNL 3G
Hi all,

I've been reading posts on this section for quite a while. I recently shifted to a township in outskirts of the city, so no telephone infrastructure there :madness::madness:
So decided to close my Airtel BB and get BSNL 3G. Got the 3G sim yesterday, but they said it cant be activated until monday. (today is Second Saturday :wall:).

What i want to ask is:

[*]How do I get it activated if I want to use it on an open market 3g data card (what FRC should I go for)?
[*]What open market data card should I use? I'm from Indore (MP) so the west zone thing probably applies to me. Also not interested in UMG1831, since I want a 7.2mbps card only and I want a card which is factory unlocked (which UMG1831 isn't).
[*]How is Huawei E173 for my location and how's the overall performance with BSNL 3G?
[/list]Thanks in anticipation...:urock::urock:

Bumping... Please reply guys...:huh:

for the activation of 3g Sim..1) Get the sim card *(Rs 59)2) do a recharge of FRC (First Recharge) 120Note : if u take sim from BSNL exchange then recharge will done right there.. just ask them that u want the activation ones of Rs 179... 120+59.... 3) after the committed time by bsnl dial 123 from ur phone.. if ur call is connected and u can access the IVR then ur sim is activated....about datacard....Why not go for UMG 1831.. not much price difference between 7.2 Mbps and 21Mbps.. so why not go for the advanced one.. u can also go for k4505 .. a good option..

Hi all,Already activated the SIM, but the people at BSNL say that this is a prepaid SIM, I wanted the postpaid one, so filling the form again...:cry:Now the madam there told me to recharge for Rs. 54/-, yes, not FRC 51/- not FRC 120/- but 54/- I mentioned her several times that I would be using the SIM on a data card, she said to go ahead with it and after the FRC 54/- recharge with any of the available prepaid data plans.Anyways, as for the data card, I already ordered Huawei e173 (7.2mbps) from eBay.inFirst priority for me is FACTORY UNLOCKED, and I dont want any mobile service's name on my modem (BSNL 3G is as good or as BAD as T-Mobile:|)Will hang on to it for while and wait for a good looking 21mbps data card from Huawei or ZTE, that is factory unlocked.Thanks for all the help. A word or two about the E173 would have been nicer though...

Unlimited plans Withdrawn, U get 15Gb Max At Rs1500 or 35Gb For Rs3000

http://link-removed.info/now-no-more-unlimited-gprs-from-bsnl/56818/

Can anyone else confirm the news above? I cant seem to find it anywhere else...If its true than... well...:impissed::impissed:

Can anyone else confirm the news above? I cant seem to find it anywhere else...
If its true than... well...:impissed::impissed:

As of now the unlimited still exists not sure if it will continue in the future... They did say on that website that the new plans/rates are aplicable from 18.02.11...

Back