New BSNL DSL Broadband Combo plans '2GB BSNL CUL', '2GB CUL' and '3GB CUL' w.e.f. 01/07/2019

• Thread starter Thread starter geek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,958
BSNL is introducing new DSL Broadband Combo plans '2GB BSNL CUL', '2GB CUL' and '3GB CUL' from 01-July-2019 (Pan-India except A&N Circle).

-- '2GB BSNL CUL' @ Rs 349/mo offering Upto 8 Mbps till 2 GB/day, upto 1 Mbps beyond with (a) Free calls of worth Rs. 600/- on other network within India.
(b) 24Hrs. Unlimited free calling to BSNL network in India & (c) Unlimited free calls between 10.30PM to 6AM & on all Sundays, to any network within India.

-- '2GB CUL' @ Rs 399/mo offering Upto 8 Mbps till 2 GB/day, upto 1 Mbps beyond with 24Hrs Unlimited free calling to any network within India.

-- '3GB CUL' @ Rs 499/mo offering Upto 8 Mbps till 3 GB/day, upto 1 Mbps beyond with 24Hrs Unlimited free calling to any network within India.

kIT1Eay.png

@supukabi 599 plan is now called 4 GB CUL plan (Upto 10 Mbps till 4GB/day, Upto 2 Mbps beyond) and is available in all circles except Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The link given below inadvertently shows the FUP as 3gb/day (typo) but should be 4gb/day as can be verified from the BSNL state circles sites. Check this out

Last edited:
@pothi Yup! The Calcutta telephone site is probably the quickest in updating all plans. I too would switch to the superstar 300 plan. I was wondering if it is possible to switch from the 2gb Cul plan to one of those promotional ULD plans (like BBG Combo ULD 150GB@199, BBG Combo ULD 300GB@291, BBG Combo ULD 600GB@491).

@pothi Yup! The Calcutta telephone site is probably the quickest in updating all plans. I too would switch to the superstar 300 plan. I was wondering if it is possible to switch from the 2gb Cul plan to one of those promotional ULD plans (like BBG Combo ULD 150GB@199, BBG Combo ULD 300GB@291, BBG Combo ULD 600GB@491).
No its not possible,those plans are only for new broadband users,if those were available than the bsnl broadband plans were best and who would take other plans like 299,349,549 and all because they come nowehere closer to those plans.i.e 291 plan provides 10gb/day @ 20mbps.

@aatuif Correct! I didn't seem to have realised that while copy pasting. I'll edit my post so that people are not misled. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

@crymetyme I just did! Now I'm on the ULD 300 plan (291)! It probably has to do something with availing any one of the ULD plan before. If a subscriber has availed any such plan then they probably are ineligible. Well that's my guess.

Last edited:
@sniper Its exclusively for new subscribes,who have not used broadband before ,you might have been able to do it through the selfcare,in my circle the plans are not added in the selfcare and are only available for activation through the exchanges,once you submit the request through selfcare,they just approve it without checking the details of the plan and all.

@crymetyme So, you are saying it's been approved from the backend but the local exchange will revert it back to my previous plan? I remember a similar situation a couple of yrs ago when I opted for a promotional plan from a regular plan and it was approved unhinged and I used it for 6 months (an extension of 3 months by BSNL themselves). I see now that everywhere my plan name has changed to the ULD300 plan. Is it possible that though the changes have become effective and it remains as such until the end of the month but I'm billed at the rate of my previous plan (2gb cul)? What should be my next step? Just wait and watch if they change it back?

@sniper once the request is submitted on the selfcare it goes to the commercial officer of your local exchange for approval.If the plan change was approved and successful and your plan is reflecting as you opted in the selfcare and in your profile,than its all done,it won't be changed unless you change it or if the bsnl withdraws the plan or make changes to it.
Another scenario is that in some circles the promotional plans come with a predefined condition that is the plan will remain valid for six months and than you will be shifted to the minimum plan available in your circle.
However i have had plan 291 for more than six months on my newly installed landline and its still on the same plan whereas my friend was also on the same plan but his plan was changed as soon as six months passed by an auto service request raised on his number for plan change and he was moved to 299 cul plan.It seems like while they set the 291 plan they have an option there to keep it valid for six months and they need to check that option,if they mark it than the plan will change automatically if not than it will continue to work,we all know the bsnl employees and thier pathetic work.

@crymetyme Alright then! I think I'll try and exhaust my daily FUP as per my previous plan (2 GB+free top up of 2gb) and check if my speed after that is downgraded to 1Mbps or not (as per my previous 2gb CUL plan). If it gets downgraded, then my new plan has NOT come into effect though the plan names have been updated already and if the speed remains the same then I'm on the new ULD 300 plan! Need to keep enough 4g data handy to get me through one day in case this backfires lol

Back