New connection and slow adsl line connection !

• Thread starter Thread starter ganesh177
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,262

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
I got new connection today, for 500 plan, which is now almost 10 hours old. And i am already facing the problem, that adsl line practically takes 20-25 mins to get active. Adsl led keeps blinking and gets stable only after 20-25mins. Now, this is surely not normal. My modem is D-Link GLB-502T adsl2+ which is purchased externally. Besides, i have been doing speedtest for mumbai server constantaly, and it never crossed 1200 kbps. Any tips to increase it upto mark ?

GLB502_T has built in modem with a Rj11 phone port. ( could have splitter also)Try connecting DIRECT from BSNL phone junction , bypassing the external ADSL splitter.Use BSNL supplied ADSL splitter for ALL Phone lines. ( Check no "hissing noise" in phones )Only One splitter to be used for Data line as the signal/s get attenuated/reduced.Please give feedback and confirm.Para two : 1.Change DNS entries to open DNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.( keep a note of BSNL DNS if required later or enter in TCP/IP properties page/s)2. Use Advanced Windows Care personal from Iobit.com andkeep Start up program/s to the minimum. uncheck. Later you can add again.( you can also use RUN msconfig startup)Also ccleaner from filehippo.com ( for same menu )3. Post SNR/Attn/LineSpeed /Mod selected modem page screen shot. REF: daysofalps.blogspot.com/2006/08/mtnl-adsl-triband-connection.html ( *add http:// )

Back