New connection Bsnl FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter Johns503
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 816
ISP
BSNL FTTH
On 13/07/2020 i had given application for new BSNL FTTH connection. on 5th day they installed cable on my urgent request. On that onward i am try to contact the BSNL to fiber splicing the connection and install the modem. The distance between BSNL exchange and my home is less than 500 meter. Today 22/07/2020 they told me that there were some delay to install since the operators has some other work in Alappuzha 25 km away from my home. so i need to wait 2 more day for proper installation they were telling these excuse from 17/07/2020. and I told then i am urgent since i have lot of work pending to do for my company. if it took long period to install the modem i need to think other way such as Jio. If i recharge Jio i don't need the fiber connection. at that time one of the BSNL trainee told that then do that. so what i am saying is this much of value is giving by BSNL to the new FTTH connection. i am using BSNL landline for past 28 years. so what you think? Should i Withdraw Application

That's unfortunate. Is the last mile done by a local cable operator or BSNL directly? Are there other customers on BSNL FTTH active in your area?
Reason I ask is to know whether this is a new LCO who was just onboarded and they have some backend cabling etc pending.

Also, I wouldn't compare wired internet with wireless. Jio 4G would work well, but it definitely cannot provide the consistent performance of a wired connection.

If you have other wired broadband providers in your area, you can consider that too. In case of BSNL I've felt that service level varies a lot depending on the area. In your area perhaps it's on the bad side. Clearly an issue with BSNL's management.

Yeah the the connection is done by BSNL directly but when i talk one of my friend . he is trainee in that exchange. He told me that there is no connection between BSNL and FTTH technicians but he got training from the BSNL. and there is so many customers who using bsnl ftth around me .
why i say Jio because for new connection i need to wait 1 week more . i don't have time right now i am late by 2 week for waiting these ftth connection. lot for work is pending that's why i choose jio. should i wait 2 more day for ftth bsnl?

Are you referring to Jio 4G? Or Jio Fiber?

Jio 4G you can always have as a backup, plus it isn't that expensive right. You can recharge with a one month plan.

Back