New connection of Trib Unlimited 512 Kbps rs. 999/- DOWNLOAD SPEED PROBLEM

• Thread starter Thread starter pratik.x13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,963

pratik.x13

ISP
MTNL
My old plan was hathway 512 kbps night Unlimited 54 to 60 kbps download speed.

I connected the new plan of MTNL Trib Unlimited 512 Kbps rs. 999/- on 15 sept 2009 with new router Sterlite sam300 ax.

I should get download speed of around 480 to 512 kbps right
but i am getting only 54 kbps download speed.:huh::ishock:

pls help me.:pleasehelp:

I tried
Ph. : 1800228844 / 1504
(Online Complaints) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, A Government of India Enterprise.

First they told me that its due to my usb connection then i connected a laptop via lan still same PROBLEM.
Then they told me may be my phone line is not correct but after test
my line has no problems.
I have a full page of no.for complaint but nothing works.:wall:

Well you would get max download speed on any 512kbps connection is 64kbpsFor 256kps connection max download speed is 32kbpsFor 512kbps connection max download speed is 64kbpsFor 1Mbps connection max download speed is 128kbpsFor 2Mbps connection max download speed is 256kbpsAnd so on.... No need of complaining all is fine. And don't start saying I am wrong with my calcuations since lol coz this is the universally accepted bits/bytes ratio .. :)

Hi Friend!!!It is insteadFor 256kps connection max download speed is 32kBpsFor 512kbps connection max download speed is 64kBpsFor 1Mbps connection max download speed is 128kBpsFor 2Mbps connection max download speed is 256kBpsWhere kbps is kilo bits per secondwhere kBps is kilo Bytes per second

and trai requires the companies to deliver at least 80% of the promised speeds.

The masters have already given calculations. Hence you are getting correct speeds.:happy:

depends upon what the original guy meant by: but i am getting only 54 kbps download speed.

HI friend!!Can u jus clarify that what is the speed u are getting... Can u please post a screen shot from speedtest.net.Coz u mentioned 54kbps which is 6.75kBps or is it 54kBps which is around 443kbpsDo post the screenshot o ur download speet test.ShreeRaman

HI friend!!

Can u jus clarify that what is the speed u are getting... Can u please post a screen shot from speedtest.net.

Coz u mentioned 54kbps which is 6.75kBps or is it 54kBps which is around 443kbps

Do post the screenshot o ur download speet test.

ShreeRaman

256kbps = 32KBps
512kbps = 64KBps
1mbps = 128KBps
2mbps = 256KBps

The actual speed will be less by 15 to 20 % or so due to network overheads. On a 2 Mbps line, you will never get a download speed more than about 225 KBps or so. On a 512 Kbps line, you will typically get 54 MBps or soThe difference is because of the way the speeds are declared by the ISP - they include the frame bits etc in the declared speed, while the applications that measure download speeds typically report the throughput only.

But its not max 512 kbps(may be up to 2 or 4 mbps).I verified from call center this plan should give me 256 kbps and after this month it will give me 512 kbps DL speed.I asked for 2 mbps Unlimited plan(240-260 DL speed) they suggested 512 Unlimited which will give me DL speed of 480-512 kbps.

Back