New modem for mtnl broadband

ISP
MTNL
Hello,
I am newbie in these stuffs and i need help, i am on 2 mbps connection unlimited and my current modem is SAM300 AX which is provided by mtnl but it's sucks it's heat up, so i want to upgrade my modem
My question is can i use new modem of other brands like D-Link etc will they work with mtnl ? And also what is wireless modem, and also what is routers cause i search flipkart there no option for modem but there is a option for routers
Again, sorry for such a nub question please don't mind

What you have is probably a ADSL modem, since you say it heats up. The next logical question is after how much time? Also is it kept I a ventilated spot.
What you have to decide is do you want your own unit or do you want to use a MTNL rented piece. If it’s your own, maintenance is your headache. If it belongs to MTNL then it’s their responsibility, of course you have to pay the monthly rent. The rent used to be the same for both types (wired/wireless modems) see the MTNL site for further info about charges. If you decide that you want your own then comes the question about what to buy. :)

For any problem with your broadband connection, MTNL is always going to first BLAME on your "personal" modem. It is always a better idea to continue with their modem since you are not using Wi-Fi on your connection. Have you been using wifi, I should have surely suggested you with another mode+router since MTNL provide single antenna routers only (AFAIK).
For the heating part, is it restarting or losing connection often?

socrates said:
What you have is probably a ADSL modem, since you say it heats up. The next logical question is after how much time? Also is it kept I a ventilated spot.
What you have to decide is do you want your own unit or do you want to use a MTNL rented piece. If it’s your own, maintenance is your headache. If it belongs to MTNL then it’s their responsibility, of course you have to pay the monthly rent. The rent used to be the same for both types (wired/wireless modems) see the MTNL site for further info about charges. If you decide that you want your own then comes the question about what to buy. :)
Ok, i want to upgrade my modem to something new with some additional security features and better connectivity like dos protection,
And can you please tell me will wifi modem work for my broadband ? will it charged by mtnl for using wifi modem of my own ?

Vikas Sharma_2696 said:
I'm from delh bro..
And can you please answer my question "can i use wifi modem with my internet , i've splitter which is connected to mtnl landline telephone and mtnl modem"
you do not need a splitter for using wifi modem or router I mean there is no connection between splitter and using wifi

Back