New Reliance ADSL Broadband Plans in Pune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory house

philosopher-in-chief
ISP
Reliance Dialup
About a week back I got a photocopied pamphlet detailing various ADSL Broadband plans being offered by Reliance Communications. I did not pay much attention to it as I had a working TTML 256kbps line at the time (which I am now in the process of disconnecting).

The only problem is that I have not been able to verify it since the idiot who has taken pains to photocopy and distribute the pamphlet has printed a non-working cell phone number and therefore cannot be contacted. Sometime this week, i will call up and inquire with Reliance on their regular numbers.

I am posting the figures after minor modifications. If some one can confirm them before I do, please do so.
Flat Fee Plans
Bundled Data Usage - Unlimited Use.
Additional Usage Charges - Not Applicable.

[*] 75 Kbps (INR 400)
[*] 150 Kbps (INR 750)
[*] 300 Kbps (INR 999)
[*] 600 Kbps (INR 1799)
[/list]Data Transfer Plans
Additional Usage Charges - 90 paise per MB

[*] 2 Mbps / 1.0 GB Bundled Usage (INR 299)
[*] 2 Mbps / 2.5 GB Bundled Usage (INR 550)
[*] 2 Mbps / 4.0 GB Bundled Usage (INR 750)
[*] 4 Mbps / 4.5 GB Bundled Usage (INR 999)
[*]4 Mbps / 7.5 GB Bundled Usage (INR 1499)
[*] 1 Mbps / 350 MB Bundled Usage (INR 249)
[/list]Night Unlimited Plans
Bundled Data Usage - Night time use is free (Most probably 22:00 hrs-08:00hrs)
Additional Usage Charges - INR 15 / Hour

[*] 100 Kbps (INR 299)
[/list]No security deposit and no installation charges.

These plans (except the highlighted ones) are identical to the plans offered here http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Communications/broadband/broadband_con_postpaid.html.

There is some information on land-line phones which I have not posted.

self edited

self edited

Everybody lies. Including me (but not this time). I am not sure if the above was targeted at me or at the person who dropped the pamphlet. However, it seems that a clarification is necessary.

For the sake of all non believers (in me or otherwise), I am posting an image of the pamphlet in question:
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbgw2.jpg

It is not very clear (I am cell-phone agnostic and suck at cell-phone photography). But you can see the figures if you strain your eyes a bit.

Again, I have not been able to contact the person in question. Only Reliance can confirm if the plans do exist or whether they are the invention of an overzealous distributor.

Use the information at your own risk.

I didnt say u r lying. I accidentaly posted something which was not in context to what u wrote so I deleted it .

I didnt say u r lying. I accidentaly posted something which was not in context to what u wrote so I deleted it .

My mistake probably. I am a bit old fashioned in my writing. Hence the complete sentences with missing pronouns and absence of smileys (I have no idea what half of them stand for). If you are an avid fan of "House M.D.", you would have realised what Everybody lies is. It is House's favourite quote and is meant to be part-sarcastic-part-humourous.

Old-fashioned writing with a hint of sarcasm is a potent combination. Have to be more careful next time. Also have to stop quoting House at the drop of a hat.

Back to the thread topic. Today, I called up the Reliance Internet Services call center.

*377 (Reliance phone : toll free)
1800227773 (BSNL/MTNL : toll free)
30337777 (Other phones)

Some Clarifications
[*] The INR 1799 - 600kbps - unlimited is NOT part of the ADSL package.
[*] The INR 249 - 1 Mbps - 350MB bundled usage package is actually part of the combo package (fixed line phone + broadband).
[/list]Everything else is correct (The website seems to be wrong on the 2Mbps speed on the 4.5GB and 7.5GB plans).

The INR 1799 - 600kbps - unlimited package is actually part of Reliance WIMAX Broadband. I have confirmed this independently with a person from their Pune office. This fellow is going to call be back after checking if he can provide me with either an ADSL or WIMAX connection. Anyway, I cannot proceed with this till I get rid of my TTML connection. They have not yet called up confirming the disconnection and I cannot afford to pay thousand bucks on each connection.

Will return when I have some concrete information.

Is Reliance serious about their broadband offerings. They don't even have their own website. www.reliancebroadband.in is held by Net4 and www.reliancebroadband.com directs you to some blog. Further, links to (consumer) broadband plans are not available on the home page at www.rcom.co.in. They are hidden deep inside the corporate broadband offerings page.

Its been two days and I am still waiting for a response from them. My TTML account will be suspended anytime now and the other side has hardly made any progress.

Finally, Reliance has started offering ADSL broadband in my society. Tariffs are as I have posted above (or visit the Reliance website). For an additional INR 50, they are offering a caller-id and 3-way conferencing capable land line phone with free talk time of the full amount. Any additional calls will be charged at INR 1.2 per call. Best thing is no installation charges, no security deposit, no monthly rental, no nothing.Have to fill the application. But TTML is not ready to get off my back. People keep calling, but their promise of suspending the account in three days is still a promise. Its been 10 days now. Have talked to the call centre yet again. Have 'promised' a reply in 24 hrs. Can't proceed till this is done. Surprisingly, after 15 days of shitty service, speeds have improved and are back to the original levels. I am pretty sure they had throttled my connection all these days to compensate for bandwidth usage in previous weeks. What all does one have to go through even after paying 1000 bucks a month!Reliance BB might be my final experiment with BB. If they too start acting smart, I will surrender everything and stay with dial up till BB companies have a change of heart.

TTML has finally acted. After promising to suspend my account within three days of requesting for a disconnection, they took two and a half weeks to do it. I had even called their nodal manager to complain about the delay. Am not sure if that actually helped though. I hope that they will collect the router etc within the next week. Am working on dial up presently.Have called the Reliance fellow and he is coming tomorrow. Am planning to go for the 300kbps unlimited plan.In the meantime, I got another pamphlet which is basically a repetition of the first one. It contains a 600kbps unlimited plan for INR 1799. The cc denied the existence of any such plan on their adsl menu when I last called them. If someone is interested they should get it confirmed. A 600kbps unlimited plan is very interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back