New Small Car Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,086
lol. he might be taking about 5-6K dollars considering he spends a lot of his time in america. :) my personal suggestion would be to go for swift diesel but of course it is a hard car to purchase. i like polo no doubt but i have not heard good things about it as mentioned already. i like brio but it looks very small and as mentioned already internal space is supposed to be an issue. i love i20. a friend owns the older model. but it is too expensive from what i heard. same applies to jazz i believe. i10 diesel is another model worth considering i guess. i do believe they launched a diesel model recently?

^ There is no diesel i10, though rumours have been floating for more than a year. A diesel engine in that car, and Hyundai would have all but kicked out Maruti from that segment, given the current market scenario. That said, they do have a diesel variant in Europe IINM.

i love i20. a friend owns the older model. but it is too expensive from what i heard. same applies to jazz i believe.

I think both these cars are VFM. Yes, compared to cars like the Swift they might feel expensive, but you get that extra 'premium' value, particularly with the Jazz, something which a Maruti does not (wish to / plan to) give.

mhm. beat has a diesel model for sure. that is another small car worth considering. i like it because of its unusual looks!

yeah. the original pricing of jazz was horrible. but the price cut came just too late. petrol pricing literally made this model unattractive to the indian consumer. i see very few jazz on the roads even today. it is probably a much better petrol hatch to go for if money is not really a concern.

Maruti Ertiga is another option I guess. Price range from Rs. 5.9L to 8.5L.

https://imgur.com/rlTJG

In this case though I don't think Maruti fits into OP's requirements, coming as he does from a Getz / Optra background. Clearly mileage isn't a concern. Getting into any of the other cars in this segment would feel like a downgrade even overlooking the sedan to hatchback conversion.

Oh no. I was talking about 5lakhs to 6 lakhs. We may be willing to go up to 7 lakhs.The Brio is a very good looking car and a smooth drive but it has much less space in the back right?The Jazz is very good too. How much does that come for?The Polo sucks at the base model but it is a very good drive. How much is the high end model which is worth it?Do not want the Ertiga at all. Don't like the look. Same with i10/i20.The Swift has no space either. We checked this out last time so this is ruled out.Any other suggestions? Or ideas?

Jazz has a LOT of space. Price is 6.2 lacs, 6.7 lacs and 7.2 lacs for the 3 variants on road.

Holy cow!. Jazz Basic for 6.2L OTR!. In Mlore its 7.02L. If you are getting Petrol car,Honda Jazz is the best you can get. Polo Diesel Highline is around 9L here. In diesel Tata Vista Quadrajet also worth considering (If brand name doesn't matter).

@Sai, The cars are expensive in KA because the taxes are the highest in India. My Eon costed me 60K more than my cousin bought in Delhi.

Back