new type 2 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter deep16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,245

deep16

ISP
bsnl brodaband
guys i need to change my 4 year old type 1 modem modem to type 2 wifi adsl modem... recently i hav submitted the application to our broadband cc and i m quite confused among the options from which to choose.... iheard teracom type 2 is gd... will it b a gd choice?/ any other choice i can go for(from bsnl)... plz reply fast..

You do not have much choice with BSNL. They give the one which is available. Check with Engineer and ask him to give the one with lesser complaints. My modem is AR 800 V v 3.0 . It is just like Teracom's wifi modem. There are a few others with similar firmware. You can choose any. If budget is not a constraint, you can buy a Netgear or Linksys router and use it with your current modem.

BSNL modems cost Rs. 1,800 on purchase or Rs. 80 per month rent. So no need to worry about budget. I think a Belkin router costs Rs. 1,300. But if you use hardware other than one provided by BSNL, you won't get support if the set up fails. As I mentioned above, I use AR 800V v3.0 which in my opinion is a good router. Better check with the local exchange guy and ask him to give a reliable router.

Back