No Minimum balance required in SBI with flat 3% Interest rate (Rs 3000 MAB earlier)

So then what's the final minimum balance requirement? I have around 3k in my account currently.

That's fked up.. :|
I mean being a non private bank you have to assure aam aadmi how friendly you are imo ,instead of being profit centric.

i think their core excuse is that jan dhan accounts exist for people who cannot maintain balance. not sure what the limitations of jan dhan accounts are.

That's fked up.. :|
I mean being a non private bank you have to assure aam aadmi how friendly you are imo ,instead of being profit centric.
I have opened accounts with Bandhan Bank last year with 2000/- AQB.... and imo it is better than SBI.... they even offer few NEFT's free per month...

that's the thing. these smaller banks would change policy in coming years and you would be back to square one.
my yes bank account had lots of features that have disappeared over the years. 7% interest is one big one. though it still has enough freebies that stop me from looking for a new bank. but i am pretty sure i would be looking for a new bank in a year or two.

Back