nokia 3230

• Thread starter Thread starter viralbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,689
Well, you want me to use a plain firmware phone because OS will expose me to risks?Thats like saying, use the 8008 computer (first intel chip, no OS, all u cud do was flip-flop lights on it), because all OSes can expose me to risks.And regarding symbian being unpopular & exposed to viruses, may I inform you that its the same case with Windows? But simply because of its compatibility with software already existing out there, & its low-cost, it owns the market.No OS can ever be secure for a "masses person" who wants to behave like an ass.You managed to survive windows & get your work done.So did millions of others.I managed to survive symbian, and I can assure you I did not have to take any special efforts for it.So did millions of other ppl who use smartphones.So will viralbug.Now please, I'm tired of the opposition to OS phones, spare me. :(Let the original poster post something, about what he did buy finally.

i havent bought it yet

wow! wht a war goin on guys!! n i hav 2 say gr8 fighting prathapml!! ;) features r wht i want n 3230 gives it 2 me so thts all i want.well i havent yet bought it, cant just now, i think ill buy it a couple of weeks later.

I guess u cud go for 6260. Its a nice little flap phone. I've been usig it 4 a yr or so & w/o any probs.By d way tht 1.3 MP camera from Nokia is just fooling ppl. It only changes d size of ur img...but when u c d img qlty its still arnd 96 dpi. In my phone I get 640x480 resolution snaps with 96 dpi which can then b enlarged using any Photo editing s/w & thus achieve a size like a 1.3 MP camera phone.

Fine guys,i started a new topic in the mobile section but nobody cared to bother and answer. So now i have two options left. Either the Nokia 6600 which is a simple smart phone , has very good reviews and user ratings , the second option is nokia 3230 which is a good smart phone at this price , but i have heard both good and bad user reviews. Hanging up , crashing down and all ..... more over i m getting the phone from middle so warranty can be a prob. Please suggest

One more request...Has anyone has baught this phone in India and Used in US? I am looking for a phone that can be used in US.

Yes it has TDA/CDMA in smaller cities. Places like LA, NY or DC have GSM as well as *DMA.

Hi cyrux, the 6600 is too old, too bulky & too slow.
The 3230 is a great "best buy" candidate. And it has only as many problems as any other OS-phone would (just like windows CAN cause lot of problems, but those who maintain it well have no troubles).

Netfreak, the 3230 would work fine in the US+India, and just about everywhere in GSM areas - because its a tri-band phone - LINK

Back