• Thread starter Thread starter AnaXaL
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 29,827

AnaXaL

ISP
DATAONE
hi all,
im both, a lil confused and having problems portforwarding my connection.

1.I followed portforward.com's guide in setting up my static ip. here i dug out the DNS from the router home page since my default gateway and DNS were the same (192.168.1.1). 2 problems here-
a. im not sure if BSNL allows for a static ip (though i can still use the internet)
b. when i ran 'ipconfig' it showed my default gateway as 192.168.1.1 but my router info page shows 59.94.128.1. iv configured the static ip using 192.168.1.1 for now.

2. the main issue is that portforward.com's guide to the SIEMENS SL2_141 router is of no use coz the router setup etc. are completely different, so basically if somebody could help run through the portforward...

ADDNL INFO:
BBAND PLAN: DATAONE 750 UL (256 kbps)

thanks.....:redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
@/members/anaxal/
WELCOME TO BROADBANDFORUM.IN
Information : BSNl allots Dynamic IP for Home users and will change daily. No problem.
192.168.1.3 etc in your local LAN IP and does not change. ( allotted by DHCP )
192.168.1.1 Mostly the DEFAULT gateway
Use openDNS ; 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222
Required : 1.screen shot of your modem/router's Portforward page.
2.Application name and Port range and torrent program(if any) you use.
Question : If you use Wanminiport Dialer mode No PF required .
............. How do you connect ?
Suggestion 1 :If you don't have an user manual download the manual from this web site.
You may have to register to download the user manual.
Found! - Siemens Wireless Router sl2_141

Suggestion 2 : The link you have given is not correct "deadlink "
Please upload at tinypic.com and give the link. You can also send the link to your email address.
Suggestion 3 : Type in "tags" SIEMENS SL2_141", or "portforward" for old threads.

Feedback.

@essbebe,siemens SL2_141 supplied by BSNL have a stripped firmware which does not have advanced options in normal web GUI.you have to use telnet.here is a guide by one user posted on another forum----
this guide is by abhilashkmanapatt
Hi friends, I had been requesting for help and searching all over the internet on how to configure the BSNL Wireless Router (Siemens SL2-141) to enable Port Forwarding. The uTorrent downloads were not active and I had the infamous RED exclamation mark that shows an Error in incoming connections.

The other routers supplied by BSNL is easy to configure, all you need to do is login as admin(with password admin) to the router menu(192.168.1.1 IP address mostly), and add a Virtual Server(which is given under Advanced Options). From there we can name our service as \"uTorrent\" (any name) and add our computer's IP address(make it static, just give an IP address that comes under your routers internally assigned IP) plus the port to be forwarded(which u can get from uTorrent).

But, it was difficult to configure this particular router as the Router Configuration menu did not give an Advanced option even if I log in as an admin user. I tried to login using a fictious superuser, but it did not work.

But finally, I solved it and now, I am able to get the incoming connections in my uTorrent and the upload also works fine. I have the green check mark to my relief

How did I do it?

I used the TELNET option and configured the Router. It is a very simple procedure and far more easier. IT WORKS FOR ALL THE ROUTERS, NO MATTER WHAT EVER THE MAKE IS

How to do it?

1. Get HyperTerminal, you can find it from Start>Accessories>Communication (for Windows users)
2. A \"New Connection\" window will open uip asking you to enter a name and choose an icon for the connection. You can give any name here and choose any icon. If the window doesn't pop up, then click on File>New Conncetion.
3. In the next window choose the \"Connect Using\" option as \"TCP/IP(Winsock)\" [Very Important] and then choose the Host address as 192.168.1.1(the router IP address) and the Port as 23.
4.It will take you to the Login menu, enter the login and password as \"admin\"(when you type the password, it won't show any asterisk or any other character, keep on typing)
5.Thats it, we are now in the Advanced Options of the Router setup.
6. Enter the menu option 6 that corresponds to NAT to enter the NAT configuration
7.It gives you 3 options and from that choose Virtual Server(ie, 1) and then choose Add
8. You can give any service name here, i gave the name as uTorrent and for Protocol choose the option 0(Zero - for tcp and udp)
9. The External Start port, end port, Internal Start port, end port > Enter it exactly same as the port given in uTorrent.(yes, all four) [I am not very sure about the exact value to give, but it worked for me when i entered the same port in uTorrent for all four port settings]
10. Give the internal IP address as your computer's IP address [I set my computer's IP address as 192.168.1.2]
11. Now, the router will save the information and you can exit (by hitting 4 and then 3) and then reboot the router by pressing 13. It will show some process kills and then after 30secs-1min, it will reboot. Wait for 1 minute and then login to the router again(By using HyperTerminal, follow steps 1, 2,3,4)
12. Now, check in the uTorrent, if its accepting the connections and is forwarding the Port. It should work for most of you out there
13. If it does not, then, go to NAT setup through the HyperTerminal again, and go to DMZ and choose Configure and give you computer's IP address. The network traffic will be open. Make sure that you have a good antivirus and a firewall installed in your computer. You can give the Firewall exception for uTorrent though. I suggest downloading and installing Avast! Antivirus for that.

Update :
Information : suggestion1 : May be ignored.
The manual downloaded by me earlier is only a quick start manual.
No details about portforwarding etc.
Suggestion 4 :See post 3 above by @/members/whitestar_999/ for detailed instructions.
Suggestion 5. :Try 198.162.1.1/main.html or 192.168.1.1/menu.html to check whether the Advanced Options are opened.
Suggestion 6 : Another method for PF hyper terminal. etc.

@/members/whitestar_999/ Thanks. noted for future use.Also
@whitestar_999
it is far more easier to use the way which i described ........(clicking on help link in firmware update & from the help page you can access all advanced functions).

thanks all!!

followed the prefect step-by step guide forwarded by whitestar999 and utorrent is green, all lights GO!
thanx abhilashkmanapatt for the easy step by step. didnt try anything else this worked super fine.

was downloadin OASIS discography @ 30 kBps but im hopin 4 more speeds. lil offhand.......whats a good torrent search site.......link-removed worked well for me but it shut and link-removed is forever elusive...

thanx 2 da community again:thumbsup:

good to know your problem is solved.this guide is very well written & especially useful to those who don't know about configuring modem/router using telnet.feel free to spread this guide.just post the original writer of this guide along with the post as i did.bsnl really is following unethical practice by supplying modems which does not let users access their advanced functions normally.after all if you are paying for the modem you should get all the features.

hi i just got a Nokia siemens sl2_141 modemthere is no problem of internet in the desktop(xp os)while when i want connect it to my laptop(vista os) the laptop is shoewing tha t a wireless connection is available but is not able to connect to it or to the inter nethow do i solve the problem ???????plz helparitri

hello sir,i had taken a static ip which i had to configure with my web server the modem i got from BSNL was Siemens SL2-141 was configured by bsnl.but it is not helping my cause as im not able to use my static ip to access my webserver plz guide me.

Back