• Thread starter Thread starter himanshuhv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 15,704
Status
Not open for further replies.
members/pratibharijit/
Welcome to Indiabroadbandforum.co
You could have posted this in BSNL forum. Anyway see this link.
SL2_141 ADSL MODEM (Type-B) MENU

@members/bondindiasany/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Your problem solved ?
Could anyone provide me step by step instructions on configuring it - 2 latops, one static IP, tataindicom Wimax connection, wireless WRT54G router. am tired of this
Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Broadband Routers/Wireless-G/WRT54G
checking up WImax

I am facing exact same issue. did you get a fix for this?

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here from Bangalore with a strange problem.

I have a postpaid Tata Indicom Wimax connection. I want to use it to wifi enable my house. I have connected it to a D-Link DI-524 router on the topmost floor and via Dlink access points to the other bottom floors. I have been given static IP address by the ISP.

The address details are as follows

IP - 121.xxx.xxx.3
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.224
Gateway - 121.xxx.xxx.129
and also the DNS servers - 202.54.12.164, 202.54.29.5

Now coming to my problem. When I use these settings on my laptop everything works fine, but when I use the same settings on the WAN port of the router the connection does not work. The strange part is that it works sometimes and it doesnt work sometimes. This is completely random. When it is not working through the router I have connected it to my computer and the connection works fine.

What can the problem be? Please help me sort this thing out. The router has DHCP enabled and gives out IP address in the 192.168.0.1 - 255 range with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

^^I have the same wireless router that i'm currently using with my tata wimax connection. The first time i got my connection, knowing that it was going to need dhcp i connected the cable which comes directly from the dish into the WAN port and proceeded by enabling dhcp on the router side as well as my Windows system and let the router take care of assigning IPs to which ever device requires connection. I've also configured the wireless settings and used a 128bit WEP encryption.Just 3 months ago i switched to their postpaid 1Mbps plan which offers a static IP, and as soon as i got the IP details i entered that into the router's STATIC settings and left dhcp mode on, on my Windows machine. So far to this day, i'm able to use a laptop and a PS3 all connected either via LAN ports or wirelessly. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back