• Thread starter Thread starter abhayambuj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,647

abhayambuj

ISP
BSNL
All,
I have a BSNL braoadband connection (Type-II) and they have installed a Quidway WA1003A device(I have no idea if its a router or what- Kindly educate). I have a HP notebook (VISTA) with wireless facility. I checked on google regarding wireless connection. I found a literature issued by bangalore telecom and tried to follow the same as I was not able to connect through wireless. I went to 192.168.1.1 and then followed the procedures as mentioned. Finally I ended up with no network. The "Local area connection" also is not working since then. One new "broadband connection" has emerged with which I am able to connect to internet somehow(this was got after lot of trials somehow i got 192.168.1.1 and i did "restore defaluts" and I am getting WLAN signals with excellent strength but not able to connect. I am also not able to change the settings to 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask item is not appearing. Can anyone help me in this regard. I shall be obliged.
[email protected]

WELCOME TO BROADBANDFORUM.IN
WA3002-g1 ADSL MODEM (Type-II) MENU
For wireless connectivity type 192.168.1.1/main.html and select Advanced set up.
1. Try a RJ45 cable direct from modem to computer ethernet.
If ok
2. Try the wireless hook up. Check the LAN wireless adapter is working in computer.
Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager /Network Adapters.
An yellow mark means problem.
3. Give screen shot of DSL status .
Normally default gateway is 192.168.1.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Your IP 192.168.1.X ( X can be 3 to 10)
4. In your computer TCP/IP properties select auto for IP address and DNS.
Later enter above details. preferable to use opendns
208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

Still interested in the details. Kindly post how the problem was solved.It is always better to post the solution, as this forum threads are posted/listed in Google search in no time.Believe it or not ! Google search "not able to connect Wa1003A" this thread is the top entry. not even 2 minutes elapsed. 1 to10 of 316 entries

Apologies for the delay. I had remembered daily about your reminder to
post the reply for the procedure to fix up the wireless LAN with hyuwei
WA1003A supplied by BSNL.

There is a brilliant graphic discription on the net, kindly note the address ( I am
unable to link to the thread)
http://wiki.broadbandforum.co/Wa_1003a

Hope to keep a longer association with you. Thanks all

Best wishes,
Abhayambuj

Hi all,
1. With successfully connecting to the wireless modem, I have changed the factory settings? (Is that correct to say?)
2. With this, If I use a LAN cable and connect to my Laptop, It does not show any connection! That means my modem has become totally wireless.
3. How to restore the LAN and original settings where I use to get unsecured wireless network and LAN cable connection?

Any help with knowledgeable users will help others to get back to original settings.

@abhayambuj : Thanks a lot. Better late than never ! It helps others, when they refer to this link. ( or click the tag) I hope/wish everybody who raises a problem, give correct feedback.
Para two : I am not sure, whether you need instructions ,to use the router, both in LAN mode and Wireless mode to your laptop.
Could you give following details ?
1. Start/ run type cmd type IPconfig/all.
2.Wa 1003a - India Broadband Wiki very much available. Try again.
3. Or try this.
Start/Network/LAN/Properties/TCP/IP properties
select Assign IP address automatically.
enter DNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
4. Do not disturb modem settings for the present.

Hi all, I am horribly troubled by this VISTA software. With a lot of trouble, I was finally able to connect to the WIRELESS modem WA1003 supplied by BSNL. Now when I updated my Norton Internet security which came bundeled with my laptop, to my horror the wireless connection shows "LIMITED ACCESS". I am not able to connect with the internet. As soon as I uninstall the antivirus, the internet connection starts working. The access now shows "LOCAL and INTERNET" in Place of "LIMITED CONNECTIVITY". VISTA has made me go out of my nerves on some instances. Any help will be highly appreciated. Shall a new thread started with this? Thanks all!

Throw the baby with the bath water ! I mean Norton AV !.
Any way see whether NAV has facility to allow your default port
either 192.168.1.1 or `192.168.1.2.
In your Network page does it appear firewalled ?
I am using AVG/ and Zone Alarm ( Free ). a ZA window appears for permission to access/deny
any port./program.
As I use XP Sp2 unable to guide you further.

Para two : Disable Norton and download AVG free from AVG Anti-Virus and Internet Security - Welcome.

Thank you so much for your advice....had to change the dns settings..don't know why it stopped working all of a sudden..one problem though...torrent applications do not recognise this connection now...any idea how to solve that...but thank you all so much for getting my wireless net back online..

Back