Not getting 8mbps in my 8mbps Plan. Helpp...

GadgetGuru12

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home 1800
Hi..

I had 500C plan active on one of my BSNL phone. I just asked for a Plan Change to 2799 8mbps Combo Plan yesterday on 1500.

The dude said, it will be done in 24 hours. So, I just called them now and he said, the plan has changed.

Then I logged onto my Selfcare BSNL Portal and checked my account. It also shows, the new plan has been effective now.
Check this screenshot,

so, we are sure that the plan has changed from 500C to 2799 Combo.

Now, thing is, I should be getting 8mbps now.

Im using Terracom Wifi Modem, ADSL2+.

So, I restarted the modem and MAC and everything .

Then when the data started, I checked the 192.168.1.1 , it shows,

2045kbps, the same as it showed during the 500C.
WTF ?

Check screenshot,

And before IP was on 117.xx.xx.xx .
Now my IP has changed to 59.xx.xx.xx.

I dont whats going wrong or what Am I missing.. :(:ishock:

Is there any extra settings to be done on the modem for this ? :imwink::imwink:

Please let me know..

DSL Connection status shown in my modem :Status: UpDownstream Rate: 10237 kbpsUpstream Rate: 1021 kbps Cisco Logo PVC Connection Encapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoEMultiplexing: LLCQoS: UBRPCR: SCR: Autodetect: DisableVPI: 0VCI: 35Enable: 1PVC Status: Up--------------------------------Initially when I got the connection, I did not get 8 mbps, went to bsnl, they checked and updated some records at their end (they told) and then i started getting 8 mbps. May be the cap is set at BSNL end.But it should be kept at 8 mbps only.Could you post the results you get @ speedtest.net for Server at India?I am trying to check for SNR rates from my modem. Not able to locate it. The modem is Linksys wag54g2. If i get it i will post, just to verify if it would have any effects.

Right, i think, thats the reason.Whom did you talk to ?Where did you go ?And howcome you are using a 3rd party modem ? BSNL allows 3rd party modem usage ?Im with BSNL's Terracom ADSL2+ Wifi Modem.

You can use third party modems with BSNL. But they won't give support if there is any connection failure. Blames your modem.

Whom did you talk to ?
Where did you go ?

Went to BSNL exchange associated with my phone connection. Did speak to the JE incharge of Internet Services.

And howcome you are using a 3rd party modem ?
BSNL allows 3rd party modem usage ?

Why not? In their application itself, they have the option, asking us if we want to take modem from them or use our own.

Or that is the way it is currently in Tamilnadu circle.

Dileep, I never knew that. Thanks for the info. You think, using a Linksys modem is better than this BSNL's terracom sh*t ?
And please reply on my main query.
You can use third party modems with BSNL. But they won't give support if there is any connection failure. Blames your modem.

Ok.. How much time did it take to show 8mbps then ?

Went to BSNL exchange associated with my phone connection. Did speak to the JE incharge of Internet Services.

Applied by morning for plan change, plan change activated the next day morning but was not getting 8 mbps, I do not remember how much it was.Reported the issue by evening, Next day morning they called up and asked me to check and it was 8 mbps

Ok so, 1 working day. Thanks.. Will call 1500 now and will register the complaint.Then will goto the SDO here tomorrow morning .

I think you need to change downstream and upstream data rate to a higher value. Call Nodal officer or Appellate authority and seek help. Also try calling the Senior Divisional Engineer (SDE) and check. He will be the right person to help. I am now using AR 800V v3.0 from BSNL. Same as your Teracom modem. I think it is ok.

yes, looks like they missed increasing my speed while changing the plan.Once its done, the Upstream will go upto 8500kbps or less.

Back