MTNL Mumbai Not receiving push notifications of Gmail and other games instantly.

• Thread starter Thread starter ppkakad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,357
Well i looked up on the internet for hours and tried a bunch of stuff from changing the mtu value to changing the firewall settings ete etc but nothing worked.
But try this
Go to your phone's wifi settings and manually configure the ip settings. Check your ip address, subnet mask and default gateway and type in the same. In the dns values type in the following
Primary dns: 59.179.243.70
Secondary dns: 203.90.243.70

It got my push notifications to start working again but i dont know how long would it keep working. Try and let me know if it works.

Ok i will try this when i get back home. I tried these settings with other dns but not with the one you mentioned. Will let you know.

When you entered these settings? Today? Let me know if the issue crops up again.

Ok i will try this when i get back home. I tried these settings with other dns but not with the one you mentioned. Will let you know.

When you entered these settings? Today? Let me know if the issue crops up again.

I entered these last night and till now it seems to be working on every device i own and also the browsing and download speed has improved.

Okay nice i will check it and let you know. Did you entered these dns in the router ? Or just on the devices? And have you entered any specific dns in the router if any?

I tried entering the dns values still it's not working. I have the options as ip address, default gateway,primary dns and secondary dns. I am not getting the notifications yet :(

I tried entering the dns values still it's not working. I have the options as ip address, default gateway,primary dns and secondary dns. I am not getting the notifications yet :(

Try these values the dns: 8.8.8.8
Alternate dns:8.8.4.4

If this doesn't work then i guess we have different issues. Coz my devices are still working.

Back