Olive Telecom launches OliveSmart V-S300 with Google Android 2.3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,615
2.3 is a minor upgrade. 2.4 is released is also expected to be a minor update. 3.0 if released for smartphones might be a major update. though google has given no indication if this would be released for small display devices. 2.1 and 2.2 were relatively major ones. things become complicated when apps make use of the new features introduced in a newer update.

well its has been launched with android 2.3 gingerbread and having a price range of Rs 20,000 also 4.1 inch display. Its gonna be a game changer.............

Specs looks promising. But we'll come to know the actual performance only after a couple of reviews by some tech websites. Till then, better stay away from this one.Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

it looks good .. n specs are good and with 2.3 this is added advantage .. but support will be issue as they don't have many support gallery ..but this is copy of chinease cos Howai model ...

heh of course. how many companies can actually create a brand new model from scratch with such high specifications? i am still not sure how they are able to launch a phone with android 2.3 considering no other company is selling a phone with it except for google/samsung's nexus s model.

launching with 2.3 .. i guess they can .. as they don't put much efforts to customize the build may be using standard build only ... or use the same with just by doing some minor changes ... as they don't have big back end team to customize according to brand .. i heard in LG O1 also there is not much customization

Another smartphone from the Indo/Chinese company.I guess this should be in likes of Videocon Zeus/Spice Mi-300Both of them were impressive in their own standards but none of them were successful..Olive is thinking a bit ahead and that can be a differentiatorThe olive pad received a lukewarm response and I guess V-S300 might not be any different.The specs looks tempting but the fact that it is does not have a long term support can be a problemI am not sure if the company has roadmap for their olive pad as of now...Hope at least they do well with this smartphone

Back