• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,354
Status
Not open for further replies.

nimit_10

ISP
tatavsnl
hey guys ,i have 2 desktops at home.i'm using tata's prepaid connection..is there anyway to use this same connection on both of my pcs??is it poss to use LAN switches or somethin like dat??is there any other way to do that??please help me out..newbie..so indetail pls..

Option No. 1 if your routers supports lan and usb to be used at same time and you have the usb modem driver for it then this can turn out to be inexpensive solution. as u can connect 1st pc thru lan and second thru usb Option 2 (Advised) Buy an ethernet switch, use cat5 cable to connect both pc as well as router to the switch.A switch costs around 600rs or so, Netgear is a good one. Option 3. Add an ethernet (lan) card on first pc so it has 2 lan cards (including onboard) then use cat5 cable to connect second lan card of first pc and second pc lan card. Then run the network setup wizard in first pc and configure the ip of second pc. but in this case first pc must be on or else net will not work on second pc. Option 4 Call CC, ask them to change your modem to multi ethernet port modem. threaten them and they MIGHT change it. Biut I aint seen tata giving those types of modems so I really doubt it will happen. Sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back