• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 6,611
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
reliance
Hello,
I apologize if this topic is already discussed.
Installed reliance broadband 2days back, 2Mbps pack.
I get proper speed while torrent download, once i got 10Mbps for a torrent (downloaded a movie-700MB in 34mins.)
Youtube works fine. Can watch 480p videos without any issue.
But when it comes to online streaming (other than youtube), its not at all smooth. Video keeps stuttering all the time, for all video qualities 240,360,480I cleaned all cache and all such things needed to be done.
As i have not disconnected my previous internet connection (BSNL 512kbps ) yet, i tried streaming there. Its smooth for 240p.
Please help me with this.
Is there any software that can help me use the full bandwidth while surfing?
Regards.

It's most probably a peering issue at Reliance's end. There is very little you can do about it.

Yes you can't watch live streams. There is something called CDN( content delivery network) which is low in case of Reliance. So live data slutters....
Even if you have 4mbps plan still you can't watch 360p/240p live streams.
I know that is sad but we can't do anything except Reliance increase CDN and give it more width for watching atleast 480p.
And you know if you gonna complain about CDN at customer care they will say, DAFUQ you talking nigga? :)
PS
Reliance users, can you pls check live streams to confirm same?
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/League%20of%20Legends
Choose top stream to watch and there is quality setting. See if in any quality you can watch video smoothly.

Wow, nice to see its working in India for some.
Which browser do you use? Which operating system are you using?

Well I watch a livestream every sunday on Twitch and it never lags/stutters at 480p and just lags for a second in every 15 minutes @ 720p.
I'm on the 4 mbps plan.

I don't understand then why its doesn't work here in Indore...i am using also Chrome and windows 7 ultimate. I searched and found that its area specific. Who knows in real...

GRjason Jason said:
I don't understand then why its doesn't work here in Indore...i am using also Chrome and windows 7 ultimate. I searched and found that its area specific. Who knows in real...
Dear Customer,We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.Cheers,RCOMcare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back