• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,832

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
Microsoft spent millions of dollars advertising its next generation OS 'Windows Vista' in China, in fact the IT juggernaut threw up the biggest Vista Ad on the 421 meter high Jin Mao tower in Shanghai China. However after 2 weeks (Jan 19 to Feb 2) from launch Microsoft managed to sell a mere 244 copies of Windows Vista. Software piracy is rampant in the middle kingdom and a pirated version of Vista sells for a mere $1 on the streets. The following numbers are quoted by Windows Vista chief distributor in Bejing.

:rofl: :rofl:atleast the number in more in india. :D

i am sure corporate customers in the US market bought a lot more copies than reported. it just is not possible esp after the chinese government made it illegal for the computer shops to sell computers without any Legal OS.

Yaa its difficult to believe that only 244 ppl bought high-end desktop/laptops. Cause most of them will come pre-loaded with Vista.

i dont think preloaded copies were included in it , this counts only stand alone versions

How do MS expect to sell millions of copies with such an expensive price tag? :mad:

Yaa that makes sense... Does not make sanse for ANYBODY to buy retail copies. Corporates dont buy them coz they get it much cheaper. Retail customers don't buy OS, they get it with their PCs / Laptops pre-installed [legal or otherwise].

Hey, I heard the number was only 4, i.e. only 4 legitimate copies of Vista were sold in China. This low number was attributed to a widespread Linux distro (I don't remember the name) developed by the Chinese govt.

I wonder....what would be the number of Genuine vistas in India..:whistle:

Back