Only 244 copies of Genuine Windows Vista sold in China

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,832
^^^ The amount of hype and publicity generated by Microsoft should have sold more than 244 copies in 2 weeks. :O

Are corporates even going for Vista?

i dont think so as of now , vista doesnt improve much on productivity , just more eye candy

Are corporates even going for Vista?

Yes.. most of companies with sizable IT teams are in process of deploying it.

Usually it takes 20 months to prepare a new OS to be rolled out in a company. In any typical it setup, hundreds of applications will be desktop based, and need to be tested and certified for new OS.

in cases where the companies are in some sort of a contract with microsoft. they are technically forced to move on to vista :Pthats what my friend told me. his IT department literally forced everyone in his company to move to vista.having used vista on my friend's brand new Dell inspiron... i believe that vista can improve productivity... provided the user can get used to it and make the full use of the provided features. but i don't think its worth the upgrade. in a way where you pay to move from xp to vista.

Depends on company. For larger companies, Microsoft would still be willing to support ANY OS even if its 'End of Life' for retail consumers.Lets say McDonald's says it just can't move to Win XP due to compatibility problems with POS terminals. MicroSoft / RedHat / IBM would be more then willing to "sell" support for Win2k/Linux to such a large customer.

Back