Pathetic Experience with a new Airtel Broadband Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratyush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,095

Pratyush

ISP
BSNL
I wanted to share my experience with regard to trying out a new Airtel Broadband Connection. Here it goes, hope it helps others.
So I am fairly happy with my BSNL and rarely think of changing it. Recently, though, started to use youtube for study materials and found the buffering to be very annoying. So after trying to work around and analyse what else I can do, decided to try out a new connection.
Saw the reviews of ACT and Airtel, somehow as I have been using Airtel Postpaid since time immemorial, decided for it, as the service has been very good.
Now, see a pamphlet, asking to 'call xxxxxxx for an Airtel Broadband'. I give the guy a call, and he lands up within 10 minutes at my place. I give him all documents and ask him, when you the whole setup start working, he tells me, 'Saar, maximum by 2 days', I say, fine, no problems.
So I wait, for two days and nothing happens, call the guys and he starts to give his excuses, today, after two hours, tomorrow morning things like that. So frustrated, I call Airtel and they are even more hopeless and say 'Sir, please call the person, to whom you gave the docs, we cannot do anything'.
Then I call the DSA Office, they again give me crap about problems with the line. Then I call the guys manager, and he says, I will call you in 10 minutes, Does he call back - No. Not even once these guys have bothered to call me, Not even once
Today, is day 5 of this episode and the manager says, by 2pm, I will have my connection working, and guess what it is 2:10 pm right now.
So, wrote an email stinker to all parties and copied Airtel biggies, hope they read.
But this has shaken my belief is the 'so called' private companies are better. Honestly, BSNL's service is the best I have had, and if they had the same plans that Airtel has, I would pay more and get it.
Here are the parties involved in the whole episode, please take care while dealing with them:
Name of the DSA: Lakshmi Enterprises
Address: Manjunath Nagar, Rajajinagar, Bangalore 560010

Name of the Salesman: Anjan, Phone Number: 9632324390
Name of the Manager: Purushottam, Phone: 9611191891

Place where I stay: Shantinagar, Bangalore 560027
What have I learnt: if you want to buy an Airtel connection, please buy it directly from the company or better, get a BSNL for peace of mind.

really strange to see that...

vj_0987 said:
really strange to see that...
It is strange, but so far I have had 2 such experiences, both with DSAs. First was when I got an Airtel DTH now this one. I have posted on twitter, got a call from them and even they are clueless.

looks like u have to move to some other if they are clueless...what to say..i am having the same airtel dth now they increase the price of the subscription also , airtel are nothing but money looters...damn airtel

Get the connection directly from the company. Skip the middlemen. My connection was installed in 48 hours. I had submitted all documents directly to an airtel salesman who was on airtel's payroll.

chromaniac said:
I switched from Airtel to BSNL. One of the best decisions I have made :D
What plan are you on? I recently used BSNL at home and found the plans to be pretty expensive compared to Airtel

Gurgaon and few other cities have some special plans. I am on a 4mbps 175GB plan that costs me around 2550 incuding taxes etc.

That's a good plan. I used BSNL at my home recently and they charged me 1400 odd for 20 GB at 4 mbps which is really poor.
To add to that the speed was pathetic (but that could be due to poor wiring in my apartment since the landline also has a lot of disturbance)

speeds and quality of connectivity is horrible. my snr value hovers between 10-15 which is pretty awful to be frank.

Back