Pathetic services from Airtel Broadband

Himesh Saraf

ISP
Airtel
I took a new Airtel Broadband connection and plan that I subscribed for is a 2MBps plan. I have not got over 512 kbps speed and the average is 256kbps. I called and still no one did anything about it but the installation office called me the next day of installation date and told me if I was getting 2MBps speed on Airtel website then there is nothing wrong with their side. my 512 kbps connection was running faster than this one. I have called them many times and no use. I get put on a long hold and then eventually disconnected. I wrote my complaint in a few consumer forums and I got a reply from Airtel office on 25th Feb and the next day they called and I explained .. they were in a hurry and said it will be fixed and hung up .. no one has paid any visit .. I called them again today and said I wanted to cancel and wanted my money back since its not even been 2 weeks of me getting the new internet connection. The guy I was talking to said I can only apply for cancellation after my first bill was generated and I will not get my refund for installation. There was already a connection before I moved in this house. I brought my own modem and phone and Airtel did not have to invest a penny in material to get me hooked up with the broadband. Moreover, I called the very next day complaining about the speed. That was the first time I sat and used it. I could not open one single youtube video without it pausing every couple seconds for buffering. Now I know I am not being un reasonable. I get back from work at 3 am in the morning and I like to get online, watch a movie or stay in touch with my family on video call which is not that good since I got Airtel. It has been causing me mental trauma when I am on video call and it keeps dropping or we keep yelling back and forth and can't hear each other and it is mainly because of the poor internet connection which Airtel is not taking any responsibility for. I could always play movies before I got airtel even on a 512 kbps connection without them buffering on megavideo. and now I have to let it load and finally give up because it loads 5 minutes streaming video in 15 minutes. I had a very bad experience with Airtel and do not wish to continue with them anymore. Please help me cancell my connection with Airtel and get my money back Thank youHimesh. my Airtel fixed line number is 0124-4225066

Email [email protected] with your complaint. Make sure subject of the email is your landline number(with STD code) without any space or special characters for fast response. Subject of your email should be 01244225066

Thank you. I did that

Email [email protected] with your complaint. Make sure subject of the email is your landline number(with STD code) without any space or special characters for fast response. Subject of your email should be 01244225066

I did that .. thank you and it is such a shame that no one from airtel has considered addressing the concern. I didn't know we were supposed to have such a laid back attitude ..wow!!!

I did that .. thank you and it is such a shame that no one from airtel has considered addressing the concern. I didn't know we were supposed to have such a laid back attitude ..wow!!!
did u read the terms and fine print? does it say a months notice ?? Even if it does, write a letter on piece of paper . reason for discontent, and the willingness not to pay any further for anything since you are not recieving the service, go to the office from where you got the connection, ask for highest authority, once u see him Hand him over the paper and get it signed as RECIEVED with date, then give him/her the photocopy,keep original with you.
mail it to airtel's email id stating you wont be liable for anything from here on. Save logs on internet use and stop using the internet from AIRTEL. DONT PAY ANYTHING dosent matter how many legal threats or whatever. If they send you notice, replay notice with photocopy of termination letter signed by their authority.

airtel has gone to the dogs. Don't expect a reply from any airtel rep.

Installation charges are never refunded, so you'll have to forget about it.

Back