Phone line showing busy

• Thread starter Thread starter aytus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,439

aytus

ISP
BSNL Home 500 C
hi. guys from the last 2 to 3 days whenever i switch on my modem then it does boot up normally but immediately after booting the indicator for internet starts glowing continuously.. (which should be switched off ) and when i dial my connection it says.. error 676 your phone line is busy... this happens almost 4 out of 5 times and whenever it happens i hav to reboot the modem and try my luck again.. its very annoying.. any solutions ?? also im using GDMT ... tho the problum persists on all protocols.. ive tried all of em.

I think that you are on pppoe mode in which there is no need to dial and you are connected as soon as you switch on the modem and there is no need to dial.

no dude i m using bridged mode// and thats the problum.. i get this error whenever i need to connect to net.. cant switch ovr to pppoe cos im using home 500C ..

I had this problem and Solved it by correctly configuring my router.Actually the router has default setting in ppoe mode and you installed it in bridged mode.Please change the router setting to ppoe mode with correct username and password.best regards,Spectre

do what spectre told..as soon as u boot just open internet explorer and try to access google.comif it comes then u have to reconfigure ur router to connect to the internet when u dial only.its very simple just do the normal stuff but delete the user name and password while configuring

members/aytus/Post ADSL screenshot, (or router page) showing snr/attn/line speed mod selected forWA3002-g4.You can also try OpenDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

If you are getting Error 676, you need to reconfigure your modem. You better contact your exchange. That's what I did. I also had the same problem. It lasted for about 3 weeks buth later it was fixed automatically. :)

Back