phone line

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,433
Ok....as stated above - Attach the splitter to the main line tht comes in ur house. That is, attach it before the line get splits in other room.Everything will be fine then :)

Does anybody know where can I get additional ADSL filter in delhi?

@osinghrathore@ t filter is quite costly.. was quoted a price of bout 2k.. definately not worth.. why do u need a 2nd filter ..sisnt u get 1 wid t modem.. if u r having parallel conn. on t same fone line.. just put t filter where t fone line enters yr house bfor it branches 2 ur fone lines.. u can attach an adapter at t phone line end of the filter so dat u can take out 2 parallel line to yr fones..

This has been repeated hell lot of times...........request to upload it in important links -

If you are not using parallel lines -

U only need to attach the splitter on the line from where u want the DSL connection. Take the telephone connection thru the "Phone" socket of the splitter.

Let me explain, there are three sockets in the splitter:

1. Line.
2. DSL.
3. Phone.

Line & DSL sockets are on the same side and Phone is on the other side.

Line: In this socket ur telephone cable is inserted from the phone jack.

DSL: In this socket, insert the DSL cable and other end goes to the DSL modem.

Phone: Insert the telephone instrument cable in it. If you want a DSL and telephone connection in the same room.

This way it won't affect the speed of ur DSL connection. Plus there will be no disturbance in ur phone line.

If u r using parallel lines -

Attach the splitter (in the same way, as stated above) to the main line that comes in ur house. That is, attach it before the line get splits in other rooms.

Hope no doubts now :P

What's to be done if there is an EPABX at home? Does EPABX affect the speed?

Originally posted by docmanya@Sep 24 2005, 12:32 PM
@osinghrathore@ t filter is quite costly.. was quoted a price of bout 2k.. definately not worth.. why do u need a 2nd filter ..sisnt u get 1 wid t modem.. if u r having parallel conn. on t same fone line.. just put t filter where t fone line enters yr house bfor it branches 2 ur fone lines.. u can attach an adapter at t phone line end of the filter so dat u can take out 2 parallel line to yr fones..
[snapback]26184[/snapback]
[/quote]

:blink: oh my... I can't believe Are u sur abt that? The router comes at around 3-4k and just this splitter (or ADSL Filter) will cost me 2k :o

BTW I did get filter with my Router but problem is with telephone wiring in my house...to detail it, there are two floors in my house so first, telephone line splits for each of the floor and then in my room I've put this ADSL filter so again telephone line is splitting in two for my router and the telephone ( which ofcourse is in my room )
And the problem is that whenever somebody uses phone from the ground floor my net disconnects ( but no problems in using phone in my room)
Thats why I required Filter to install it on ground floor as well.

I never repeated it 4 u..........k? I repeated it 4 "osinghrathore", while he asked 4 a filter question n sumone replied him abt. setting up the filter n splitter. :) :P However, will take care in future......

Back