Ping spikes and packet loss to router after update (R2.52)

• Thread starter Thread starter Zuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,626
ISP
AS55836
Hello,

Is there anyone on R2.52 version on JCOW414 ONT? It seems to have added many issues for me.

I was playing some games yesterday and was experiencing issues often. It was extremely bad in CS2 but was playable in Valorant, so I didn't mind much. I mean, there were times when Jio would work badly in some servers and less badly in the other. However, I noticed that in my PC, internet was not working properly. I did some ping tests and there was too much packet loss, while there was no packet loss in my laptop (where I was gaming). After I turned off my laptop, everything started working normally in PC.

Today, I also noticed that even with my laptop I was having ping fluctuations to the Jio router. I thought about checking the resource usage of Jio's router and saw that it was using much less resources than usual. And then I noticed it is also updated. So, I am guessing that this software version has bring the issues. :unsure:

Firmware Information:

Current Firmware Version: SRCMTF1_JCOW414_R2.52

Current Firmware Date: Thu May 25 12:35:31 IST 2023

Update: Fixed automatically in a few days.

Last edited:
Don't rely on Jio ONTs. Buy a TP-Link one which will cost you- no more than 1k. setup everything and live a peaceful life.

@imdarkray Seems like that's the only way. Their ONT seems really piece of trash considering the problems we face often.

Found it in Ltonlinestore, TP-Link XZ000-G3 (V1). V2 one is out of stock. So, should I just get this one?

There is XZ000-G7 too but saw somebody here having issues getting it work with Jio.

Yes, XZ000-G7 does not work with Jio (at least now with current firmware). I have tried all possible configs. But XZ000-G3 (V1) works just fine. Not sure about v2 though.

@krishg Hmm. By the way, it seems I have to drop the idea to use a different ONT. As far as I have read, I'll need older firmware to be able to get GPON SN but I can't downgrade my Jio ONT. It keeps saying "Firmware file is invalid or corrupt".

@Zuke
You can still use keyguesser to find out your encryption key of settings backup file. Then you can decrypt that, add telnet data and re-encrypt and restore to enable temporary telnet to extract your real GPON SN. Check the Successful authentication topic.
I have TP-Link XZ000-G3 V1 and if you are in Mumbai, I can sell you for ₹800. Practically Unused

Back