Plan change from 900 to 500

• Thread starter Thread starter ashwinhari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,921

ashwinhari

ISP
BSNL Dataone
Hi guys, I initially had a home 900 connection and a week back, gave a letter and changed the plan to home 500. I checked my account in dataone website and it says the plan has been changed, but my speed is still restricted to 256 kbps and not 2mbps. I still get a download speed of only 30kBps of the old plan.What should i do? I called the customer service number, they gave me a complaint number but haven't rectified it yet. I have a UT STARCOM 300R2U modem. Should some setting be changed in the modem? Or is it the telephone exchange server's fault? Awaitin ur reply....Thanks..

what the user info saying,if it says home-500 download speed upto 2mbpsthen its got changeddid u switch off and on ur modem (hope u hav done it already)there is nothing to change in mode,it changes default in exchangedid u complaintinthis to local authority at ur exchange?

Yes, it says current service is home 500 speed upto 2mbps in service user info I have restarted the modem. Local exchange says its not their mistake and that i should call the 12678 helpline.

they have to change the downstream from the server room. Keep on calling CC and provide them the complaint number. Its a matter of 2 minutes to upgrade the speed. But when govt officials are involved... u never know how much time it will take.!

I think the speeds are controlled by the NIB exchanges. Get the phone number of your local NIB and speak to them.

Thanks guys....Will keep calling customer service...Hopefully will get the problem solved before my winter hols end...thanks...

Thanks guys....Will keep calling customer service...Hopefully will get the problem solved before my winter hols end...thanks...

Im too having same problem .

From December , i moved to UL 900 plan to HOME 1000 . In dataone website , my plan is displayed as HOME 1000 . But instead of 2 Mbps , im getting the same old plan speed of 256 kbps .

Im continuously contacting local exchange persons .They contacted Bangalore exchange and they said that everything is correct and they too dunno why the problem exists .

Atlast , i wrote a letter to DE stating my problem and local exchange persons suggested me that they would close my present id and start a new id from January . I think theres no solution for that coz for me all of them tried for more than 2 weeks but cant find solution .

I have read in several places that , in BSNL broadband , when one changes the plan from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps plans , the same problem exists .

Hey, just call up BSNL customer care, i got the problem rectified within 4 days of registering the complain. They have to just change the bandwith pipeline in the server room, so it can be done almost instantly.

Hey, just call up BSNL customer care, i got the problem rectified within 4 days of registering the complain. They have to just change the bandwith pipeline in the server room, so it can be done almost instantly.

Can you please give me the customer care number ? Im from Sivakasi .

Back