PLANNING TO OPT FOR THE BSNL BB Home Combo ULF 900.IS IT GOOD?OPINIONS NEEDED PLZ.

• Thread starter Thread starter heya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,568

heya

ISP
broadband connection
CURRENTLY M USING THE Combo 500 PLAN.BUT ITS FREE ONLY BETWEEN 2am to 8am.And I am unable to use it as I cant abandon my sleep at the middle of the night for a download.So is it advisable for 900UL plan.What Unlimited plan is good and reliable?I like watching youtube videos.Hope I get to know what bsnl unlimited plan is better and reliable.

1. You can automate the whole process of downloading at night using this software. No need to stay awake.

Auto-connect Download scheduler « PC-Gyaan

2. ULF plan has an FUP of 8 GB. After that the speed will sink to 256 Kbps which is not good for videos.

3. How much do you download per month ? If more than 15 GB, better switch to UL 750 which now has 512 Kbps unlimited. Only UL 750 and ULF 1350 has a minimum of 512 Kbps all the time.

Hope I addressed all points. If in doubt, feel free to ask.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS.I HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT.BUT I DO SURF A LOT OF INTERNET IN DAYTIME.SO I DONT THINK 500 plan is right for me.But Is 750plan good and reliable?Is 750plan good for watching youtube videos?

I am using UL 750. Videos are smoother to watch. You may not get the same experience as in a 2 Mbps connection.

2. ULF plan has an FUP of 8 GB. After that the speed will sink to 256 Kbps which is not good for videos.

No, the BB Home UL 750 does not have any such data limits. It is flatlined for 512 kbps, no matter how much data is downloaded. At least this is what I understand, please correct me otherwise.

heya, there is no getting away from the fact that you will be changing to a plan which gives you a third of your bandwidth. Latencies should be similar. You will not feel any difference when browsing forums and such, but when loading picture heavy pages you will feel the connection to be very slow. Also, videos etc will take three times (or more) the time to download. Finally, you will find it difficult to browse while running p2p or downloads in background. It might feel like dial-up all over again, so it would be better to pause your p2p and downloads while doing heavy browsing.

The best part is your bill amount is fixed, no matter how much you browse during the day. The worst part is there is so little bandwidth that at times you will get frustrated. You decide.

I think we can download above 75GB if we keep the computer on for 24x7 in 750ul planwhat you people think about it?I had applied for unlimited plan 750 1 week ago still they had not changed it,when they will change it next month?

Make follow up calls. Otherwise they will keep you waiting. Normally plan change take a week or happens on the first week of coming month. Keep an eye on " Postpaid orders " page in the portal. I will be update once your request is processed. Do you see an " future date " under " postpaid " orders ?

i had also paid 750/rs deposit

i dont see any future date the only thing i can see is my plan is still 500c.

and one more question can i download more than 75GB if we keep the computer on for 24x7 in 750ul plan?

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I am on NIB-1 when I change my plan will they change my ip to 117.x.xx.x

1. That means administrative section are still to process your application at local exchange. Once processed it will be passed to tech section after which you can see the entry with a future date in " postpaid orders ".2. Never took the trouble to calculate it. Take an average of 55 KBps and calculate. 3. Not necessarily. Some report there was a change. But not in common.

Back