PLANNING TO OPT FOR THE BSNL BB Home Combo ULF 900.IS IT GOOD?OPINIONS NEEDED PLZ.

• Thread starter Thread starter heya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,568
THANK YOU meetdilip,gurukamesh and sankalpit for your suggestions.
BUT CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME FROM WHERE I CAN SEE MY BROADBAND USAGE ONLINE?I TRIED THE BSNL PORTAL BUT IT DIRECTED ME TO DOWNLOAD A BSNL SOFTWARE FOR DATA USAGE.I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT.BUT STILL COULD NOT INSTALL IT.I TRIED TO INSTALL IT 100 OF TIMES BUT STILL I COULD NOT.AND THEN I WENT TO BSNL'S SITE AGAIN AND CLICKED ON THE CHECK USAGE OPTION BUT IT ASKED ME TO ENTER MY DATA ONE MAIL ID AND PASSWORD.BUT I HAVE ONLY PORTAL ID AND INTERNET USER ID AND BSNL MAIL ID.BUT NO DATA ONE ID.SO I COULD NOT CHECK IT THERE ALSO.ANY OTHER OPTION TO CHECK MY BROADBAND USAGE.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Don't try that software. Will corrupt your settings.

2. Try this to check usage

CRM

Need to register using your consumer no. (in your bill ).

3. Try this

Web Registration for Usage Alerts

I think we can download above 75GB if we keep the computer on for 24x7 in 750ul plan

what you people think about it?

Closer to 130-140 GB/month if you make full use of 512KB bandwidth, but that means keeping PC on 24 hours a day, 30 days a month. Electricity consumption will increase and thus you'll get a bigger bill (unless you already keep your PC always on).

Tried that too.but that's the same page as the crm.and its not loading.any other???

Opened in Firefox. Loading fine for me. As mentioned above, try in IE too. Did you tried the web registration link.Download the web client from the same page and check. Also there is some phone no to which you can SMS to get the usage. Check old threads.You can use Shaplus or Networx bandwidth meter to check the usage. But it is independent of what is shown in portal.

1st off stop posting in caps.Unlimited plans are typically far slower than combo 500 type or FUP plans.512 kbps is 1/4th of the speed you will get with BSNL Home 500 (which gives you 2Mbps and sometimes more)."broadband" = 1Mbps or higher; and in any case any kind of streaming video requires at least 1 Mbps.If you use a crappy unlimited plan you will be stuck at buffering forever.Downloading can very easily be automated during the night with any download client.The only "good" BSNL plan is home 500; everything else is overpriced (unlimited plans) or just plain suck (every FUP plan).If you want decent day time browsing speeds and an unlimited connection you have to switch over to a different ISP like reliance or mtnl.

Back