Please help me out immediately!!!!!!!

coolvaibh2009

ISP
BSNL
Hello members,I am using WinXP SP3 & am facing a very weird problem. I had installed it just a few days back. Now whenever i open up any folder which have a lot of video files (& when its view is selected as 'Thumbnails') some files make thumbnails & after that a waring pops up stating that "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and will soon close". Below this message there are two options as usual which are "Send Report" & "Don't Send". Now when i click on "Don't Send" all active windows including Desktop disappears abruptly and comes back after a few seconds (Only Desktop comes back). This is happening with every folder which have video files. I am in in desperate need to check whether some of my video files have been converted successfully or not (& this can be done only when i am able to see their thumbnails). So, can you please tell me what could be the possible cause for this problem and how could i correct it??????Please help ASAP!!!!!!

could be some virus/malware making your folder.htt files corrupt, you should run a virus scanner on your system without delay.secondly check if you can list the files in list mode and then check what files are converted already.lastly, you can tun off the error reporting from my computer--rightclick---properties-- error reporting, however if any internal folder display files are corrupt it will still crash the explorer.Why you still on xp, upgrade to win7, if you have 1+GB of RAM windows 7 should run fine, Don't you see those tiny ATOM based computers these days use win7.

You can check whether a video has been converted fully or not by right-clicking on the video file->Properties->Details tab. If you see something like "Summary not available" (or something alike) then it has not been converted; else you can view all the details of the file (like Width, Height, Bit rate, etc.).

Back