please post BSNL 4200 rs 3G downloading speed

• Thread starter Thread starter biju04868
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 12,039
no i'll not.

no i'll not.
:rofl:

@OP: Search this forum. There are many posts where people have mentioned the speed that they're getting on BSNL 3G.

I got around 2-3 Mbps. Depends on what kinda modem you are using... 3.6/7.2 Mbps.

@Mohammed where are you located in bangalore. how far is the tower from your place ?thanks

Merc782, Am located in City Market in Bangalore. My home is in Avenue road cross. I get good signal strength, its almost 97-99% most of the time.But I don't know where in city market the BSNL tower is located and how far I am from the tower.

Hi All,

I am using BSNL3G data card for wireless broadband from the past one month, i.e from November 2010. I am from Bangalore and the signal strength is very good in my area.
Initially I was getting speeds upto 4.5 mbps.
But from 8th December, am observing the speeds are reducing drastically. Am just getting 800-1200 Kbps or 0.8-1.4 Mbps hardly. :@

Do you know why is this happening? Is there any usage cap in this BSNL unlimited scheme for 3G…..? I am using Rs. 4200/- 6 months unlimited plan.

Or is it a network problem with some network device down?
If anyone has any idea about this pls reply to [email protected]

Thanks,
Mohammed P.

To be frank, I believe the unlimited plans have caused this. Folks normally use it to download files from torrent and this would lead to reduction in available bandwidth per user.

last few days i am seeing lot of fluctuations in speeds and low speeds of 1 Mbps, anyone else facing similar issues.

last few days i am seeing lot of fluctuations in speeds and low speeds of 1 Mbps, anyone else facing similar issues.

Hi Dushie,

Me too facing the same problem from the past 6 days, i.e from December 8th, 2010 to be specific.
The connectivity performance is getting so bad, that the speed goes down to 0 Kbps, for a second or 2 in every 4 or 5 mins, then comes upto 1.2 or 1 Mbps, and the fluctuation is also very bad.

Donno what to do. I will try to call customer care. Let us see, what the great folks of "Customer-Care" of BSNL say.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

mohammed its network problum;

dont worry about slow. speed will up soon

4200 unlimited !!! no hidden conditions!!!

am also use plan 4200. see ...........
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5026/capturenms.png

"no hidden conditions!!!" Thats what you may be saying or thinking till your speed goes down.

I feel there is some kind of FUP (Fair Usage Policy) associated with this plan of FC 4200/- unlimited.

Though they (BSNL wallahs) don't put the terms & conditions in the advertisements explicitly, in small fonts etc, like other pvt operators,
the usage certainly has a limit I think, after which the speed is made slower than the previous speed.

Also I used to get an SMS after every session of connection to the internet, till last week or till when the speed was good, describing the amount of data I have used.

Now a days I don't recieve any SMS after any session is done. There is surely some association with this, because the SMS recieved showed
the data usage in terms of bytes and the timing when the session was started and ended. Henceforth the data usage is monitored till a certain limit like some 60-80 GB, then its like any other unlimited plan with normal policies of FUP, capping of speeds etc.

This is just a guess, am not sure about this.

i am using the unltd 4200 plan till last week i was getting speed upto 5 mbps, past 4 days i am not even getting 300 kbps, its pathetic, good i dint disconnect my airtel broadband yet

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

i will visit the bsnl csc today and meet the manager lets see what she has to say as the great customer care executives say try after some time there might be network congestion... huhh

Back