Please suggest me a good Refrigerator

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 23,084

sachin_

ISP
BSNL
Friends, earlier I was using BPL's 210 liter double door frost-free Refrigerator, it lasted for around 10 years then started giving troubles.
Then I bought Whirlpool's 320 liter double door frost-free Refrigerator, from the day 1 it started giving trouble and even whirlpool's technicians were not able to rectify it till today.
I am thinking of disposing the Whirlpool fridge and looking to buy another one, could you please let me know which one I should go for? My budget is maximum 30-35K.
Please help me as per below:
1. Which brand? (No more whirlpool please)
2. What Type? (single door/ double door)
3. Which Technology? (Frost free / Direct Cool)
4. Good After sales service
5. Should have Minimum electronics (Penta cool, 6th sense, etc... more electronics means more harder to rectify)

I have recently bought a Samsung double door 270L Fridge for 24,500/-. The refrigerator closing door rubber had torn off while transporting and the Samsung replaced it within 4 hours of raising the complaint.
I would say avoid Whirlpool/Electrolux as far as you can.

Upvote 0
abhirup_sphs said:
We used a Godrej refrigerator which served us for better part of 10 years and the service was good too. But given the present scenario of Godrej after sales service, I wouldn't recommend Godrej to anyone.
Have been using a Samsung frost free double door 315 liter for the past 1-1.5 years and it's been a good experience so far. Cost us around 26-27K at that time.
For your points :-
1. Samsung/LG if you want prompt after sales service. Hitachi, Sharp are also good as I have heard, but not sure about their after sales service. Electrolux is one brand I would avoid given the number of problems it has given some of my friends.
2. Double door.
3. Frost free IMHO. I have little idea on direct cool technology, so others can advice on this.
4. Samsung/LG
5. Samsung/LG again. Please avoid high end models with lcd display et all. The fancy electronics tend to conk off pretty soon.
With you budget, you can easily get a 350liters frost free double door refrigerator from either of the two brands.
Thanks for the help Abhirup.

Upvote 0

Back