• Thread starter Thread starter mikrotik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,046

mikrotik

I am getting updated....
ISP
Airtel FTTH
Can someone explain me what are the benefits of Plex Pass? Do I still need to host my own server with this?

One benefit is that you can download content to your phone so you can watch/listen to it offline. And yes, you will still need to host Plex on your own server.

There are other features like hardware encoding, restrictions on upload bandwidth/per-stream caps etc. Rest are just simple stuff like music lyrics, movie extras and stuff. They seem to have added a dedicated Music app for Pass subscribers. Hmm.

Isn't the Plex Pass the most necessary thing if you want to host Plex movies? Correct me if I am wrong. I once installed it and it gave me just a minute of playback in the free thing.

Nope. Those restrictions only apply to streaming on mobile apps. Also, you don't need to buy Plex Pass if your primary use is to play on a phone/tablet. There is a small one-time unlocking fee for mobile apps.

I use a modded version of Plex for Android, I haven't really tried download files through it, but the time limit is not there and there have been no issues. But obviously if you want to watch movies/shows to your liking, you'd have to host your own server, they won't provide any. But there are services/seedbox, that offer plex servers.

Back